Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Re: Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

★★★ Novice

You CAN get your money back.

Just email iTunes support, explain your situation, and they will make an exception to the no refunds policy. Many people have gotten their money back, including me, for this screw up.

Message 51 of 231 (2,067 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi I have posted on here before and got no reply so am trying again with a new problem. It seems that my origin and my ea account have merged since the same email address was used to register them both. Because of this my origin account seems to have been deleted along with my Springfield (I'm guessing since I can't log into my old origin account. My username was user14923. Please can someone sort this as I don't want to lose all the progress I made especially since the Treehouse of horrors event is over and ill probably miss out on the rest of the thanksgiving event an ill have lost fat tony too. Last time I posted it was well over a month before we got a reply. Any chance of a fix sooner?
Message 52 of 231 (1,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess Im not the only one to have this problem....

Origin account logged me out while I was on vacation.   It would not take my password or let me reset it on my phone.  When I got home, it would let me reset password, but had said I had no Origin account name,  When I tried to enter my name "GTVC378" it said it was already in use and made me create a new name.  Now when I log it, my city has been reset to level 1. 

Good going guys, great update....

Message 53 of 231 (1,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ursula, 

I have had this bug for over 2 months.

There have been multiple patches released since the bug has been discovered and confirmed and there has been no resolution. 

Fix the bug.

Stop patronizing your customers under the guise of "Im a gamer too". Nobody cares if you are a gamer. What we care about is that you are a team who recognizes the impact of the bug wants to resolve the issue. Having an open bug of this magnitude for the last 2 months is absolutely unprofessional. 

Fix the bug. You are a Fortune 500 company not a lemonade stand!

Message 54 of 231 (1,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My guess at this point is they're waiting for their big update on December 5th that cuts off all older generation iPhones and iPod touches.

Though my gut feeling is they have no clue how to actually fix the issue at all and are trying to come up with a good will PR spin to appease us.

Message 55 of 231 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hey Ursula, Any updates? You missed last week.
Message 56 of 231 (1,686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any update on this at all?  it's not been months since you said it was a known issue??  I can't even tell you how many hours i've spent trying to contact your horrible customer service department only to get no where.  It's always nice to see what companies put the customers first and I'm going to guess you guys missed the memo on that one.  what a joke of a company and tech support team

Message 57 of 231 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

whats also funny if you look at the majority of the people who are posting on this issue, all of our account were created right around the same time more than likely to specifically contact you on this issue.  you think that might be an indication of gee, maybe we do have a slight issue here and might need to escalate this to the highest priority other than pushing out other updates that do nothing to fix this

Message 58 of 231 (1,495 Views)

★ Novice

So have most people just started a new world at level 1 or are people holding out for some sort of fix to get their lost world back? I've yet to start a new one in hopes of getting my Level 22 world back though I'm starting to lose hope with the lack of any information from EA. Does someone from EA want to explain to us that we should just deal with it asnd start over? Or is there a possibility that the new world will be eventually lost too? Pretty frustrating as I was really enjoying this game.

Message 59 of 231 (1,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to log onto my game.  Game starts to load, but I get the "can not connect to server."  I have tried all the usual I-Pad reset tricks and nothing works.  Kids are able to access their game (different sign on) with their i-phones, so its not my wireless.

Message 60 of 231 (1,454 Views)