Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Re: Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

★ Novice
Same issue, crappy customer service..... Because of EAs lack of customer service on an issue of a minor game like the simpsons tapped out, I opted out of buying the new need for speed. I was like a kid in a candy store cash in hand ready to buy it, saw the EA tag on the box, walked out with my cash. I refuse to support a studio that has dropped the ball on an issue like this. I lost my simpsons game 3 weeks ago maybe more. So thank you EA!!!!! You saved me roughly 60 bucks!!!!!
Message 21 of 231 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi eaursula

I am one of the many who have found that their game crashes after a few seconds following the recent Thanksgiving upgrade. I've tried all the suggested fixes from other users to no avail. Can you please confirm whether this is one of the 'current known issues' that the developers are working on a fix for?

Basically I just want to know whether I should keep trying to log in again every few hours, or if that is pointless and I need to wait for a new game update?

Thanks.

Message 22 of 231 (2,220 Views)

★★ Novice

MAYBE IT MIGHT HELP TO WRITE BIG?!

HEY EA ;  HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?????

THERE IS A NEW UPDATE....... AND NO SOLUTION

HOW CAN THIS BE ?????

NO CONTACT; NO RESPONSE; NO SOLUTION; NO REFUND  OVER AND OVER HOW LONG ???

STOP TALKING AND GIVE AN ANSWER WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON

I GAVE MY CASE IN LAWYERS HANDS

I AM SO *******************************************************************************************

Message 23 of 231 (2,171 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA, you should probably take all the money you've made off peoples trust in your game, and update your servers, or hire more tech people to figure this out. DO SOMETHING!!! The amount of people raising concerns over many aspects of this game should not be ignored. How about you guys just take it off iTunes, give everyone a refund, and cut your losses? You can afford it, most of us can't.

Like someone said before, yeah, this is a free game, but you make it almost impossible for someone to not get sucked into buying donuts, therefore whoever does spend REAL money on this shotty game, they turn into paying customers, who deserve to get better treatment then this.

I am not going away.

Message 24 of 231 (2,164 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can I have my refund in actual donuts please

Message 25 of 231 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

FWIW, my issues with Halloween restarting and the Mayan Quest locking up are over.  We've moved onto Thanksgiving.  I bought balloons and now those are gone.  I can't buy them again.  Thanksgiving appears to be over in my Springfield.  I suspect that one day soon it will begin again.

-- 

Update:  I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  Now Thanksgiving seems okay, but I can't visit any friends.

Message 26 of 231 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's been a month since I've had my case sent to the "Mobile Expert" team and have heard nothing since. I get no responses to any of my status inquires and if I open a new case to find out I get a canned response and it gets escalated to the "senior team" with a wait time of 12-14 days for a response. I have 5 cases open to try and track the progress of the first. It's obvious there is no fix and will be no fix. EA just needs to come out and say sorry about your luck but we don't have a clue what to do since we have cheap servers.

The lack of response to open cases disturbs me greatly. The treatment of customers is extremely poor by this company. If they began troubleshooting a month ago when people first reported the problem it would be resolved by now. Also, just because you don't know what the issue is does not give you the right to ignore customers for weeks on end. I realize EA is hoping it's a case of ignore it and maybe it will go away. However I and I am sure many others would like an answer as to why they feel it's acceptable to basically steal our time and for some money and then disappear when their product crashes and becomes unusable.

Message 27 of 231 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to log into my account on 08.11.12 and it worked fine, I recieved all my notifications from the game saying that tasks had completed but when I log in it keeps saying "Cannot Connect to Server", This is on my Iphone, Ipad and Ipod trying all devices. On my Iphone I updated to the most recent update which has the Thanksgiving Balloons and it worked for around 1min and booted me out and now I cannot connect on any device. I have tried all the trouble shooting and it is really frusterating as I never had these issues previously when I installed the app.

It would be good if EA had a "Server Status" section instead of a message board so we can see whats going on, when do we expect to fix this issue? Timeframes would be appreciated instead of "When our developers find fixes" it is frusterating when you buy in game content to have the game fail and reading other users posts there is no compensation for this which is pretty poor of a large organisation such as EA...

Message 28 of 231 (1,975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ursula,

You say that you have different teams troubleshooting and coming up with new content. I'm not a software designer but I do have some brains...perhaps they should focus on debugging the program before releasing new content updates. Perhaps having the teams working seperately is a cause of the problems that are being seen by users all over the world, or at least contribute to it. 

Since the new content update and the one pushed through Itunes supposedly fixing bugs I have had more than ever. Since the update I have not been able to connect to friends springfields.

Message 29 of 231 (1,852 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been able to resolve my inability to visit friends based mostly on dalvds's solution -

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Connecting-to-server-visting-friend-s-Springfield/t...

The difference is that I had to delete a friend that had two copies of a different game with a Homer icon.  It was a Homer on a blue background, and one had "Free" on it.  (I presume this was the March version?)

Only time will tell if everything is better.

Message 30 of 231 (1,824 Views)