Re: Crashes at neighbourhood screen

by pieeater84

Original Post

Crashes at neighbourhood screen

★ Novice

Hi, when I visit neighbours it crashes straight away, I can't see any current fixes that can help me, hoping someone in here can

Message 1 of 7 (643 Views)

★ Novice

and I also removed all my friends via origin app, still crashes when i click on bart and milhouse

Message 2 of 7 (623 Views)

@pieeater84 - it may be there's something odd with your account so I'd check that first. Even if it's an empty list the game still needs to find your Friends List on the servers to load that section. Here's a link . . .
https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index

Check your email is verified and you have a recovery email or phone number and that your password is no more than 16 characters and only contains letters and numbers. If it all looks good change something and save the change then go back and change it back again if you wish - don't forget to save.
If that doesn't help and your game is linked to your account and saved recently try uninstalling and reinstalling in case one of the files has somehow got messed up.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 3 of 7 (608 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I did try all that and still no luck but I can now login using my mobile number so that was at least useful

Message 4 of 7 (564 Views)

@pieeater84 - define crash, as simply as you can.
Is it the Bart Screen, an error message or the game shuts down and you're back to your homescreen for example.
It's a strange one either way but knowing that and also what device and OS you're on might give some clues as to what may help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 5 of 7 (536 Views)

★ Novice

no error message, it just shuts down and goes back to the homesreen, it did this when I used my ipad and also my new samsung S8 tablet

Message 6 of 7 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pieeater84- do you have a good internet connection - in case it's trying to connect to the servers and goes before it can warn you.

Next up, do you have a lot of other things running. It takes a lot of memory as well as storage for the game to run well and if it can't access enough it will close.

EDIT - I'm using a Lenovo tablet gifted to me for my second town and it took a while to sort it for the 3 button menu to get to Recent Apps and shut all the old stuff down so I could tap happily.

Lastly you haven't added an SD card and moved the game to that, if you did ( and some Android devices push for it ) it will fail.

Message 7 of 7 (508 Views)