Re: Crash when selecting Conductor Homer (iOS)

by cuavsfan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash when selecting Conductor Homer

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

With the Monorail update after a few small jobs Conductor Homer is unlocked. The first quest is to send him to "Practice Monorail Conducting."
Unfortunately, whenever that costume is selected (whether it is from the quest button on the left or from selecting Homer and changing his skin) the game instantly crashes.
This happens on both my iPhone6+ and my iPad2.Has anybody been able to get around this issue?

[moderator edit] it applies to both iOS and Android

EDIT: Once you build the Monorail Station the Conductor Homer skin works fine.  It took me a little over three hours from the start of the update to be able to build it.  Hopefully that takes care of it for everybody.

Message 1 of 16 (611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash when selecting Conductor Homer

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I merged a number of posts into this one. For now, my advise it to NOT click on Homer when he has the exclamation point to do this job.

As @minicha-em said, you need to proceed with building it for it to work. I had trouble getting the prompt to get it started towards building it and had to open and close the app several times to get a prompt. So you might try that. Feel free to post in this thread if you are having the same issue as others. 

I will sticky this thread for now to make it more visible. Hopefully it will be corrected soon or the work around for it will help everyone to complete the update. 

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (412 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Same for me too - I don't suppose you're running with iOS 9 betas are you? Just to rule out whether or not is iOS 9 beta related?

Message 2 of 16 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's a good thought.  I'm running iOS 8.4 (the current non-beta version), so that doesn't appear to make a difference.

Message 3 of 16 (596 Views)

★ Novice
I'm still on ios7 and have the problem- same on my android device too. If you select the costume by tapping homer directly the jobs don't change. Looks like they haven't been defined?
Message 4 of 16 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Another site is suggesting that you can only use his costume after unlocking the Monorail Station (even though you unlock the costume first).  Can anybody with the station confirm this fixes it?  I'll have it unlocked in about 20 minutes, so I'll update this either way at that time.

EDIT: Looks like I misunderstood how the event currency works.  It'll be a couple of hours before I have the station...

Message 5 of 16 (570 Views)

New monorail update crashing

★★★ Newbie
The new monorail update crashes on iPhone6.
Message 6 of 16 (478 Views)

New event bug

★★ Newbie

when i try to get homer into his new event costume the game crash

Message 7 of 16 (538 Views)

unable to play a mission on simpsons tapped out

★★ Newbie

i began the monorail missions on simpsons tapped out on my phone. every time i go to do homers mission "train of fools", the game closes out. it will let me do any of the other missions with no problems. please e-mail me with a solution.

Message 8 of 16 (490 Views)

It apparently works fine once you have the Monorailstation @ 3000 blueprints.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 9 of 16 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am on my Android tablet and it keeps crashing every time i try to do conductor homer as well
Message 10 of 16 (476 Views)