Re: Crash at startup after new patch (iOS)

by JulianneCeleste

Original Post

Crash at startup after new patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
With today's new patch I can't get into my game at all.  After the download it crashes at the spinning donut.  This happens on my iPhone6+ and iPad2 (both fully updated).  I tried multiple restarts to no avail.  I even deleted the game from the iPhone and reinstalled it (and redownloaded 600+MB of patches) and the same thing happens.  Anybody else having this issue?

EDIT: Added "iOS" to the title based on others' replies.
[Moderator EDIT: took away the "iOS" as this effects Android as well]
Message 2 of 46 (3,065 Views)

crash

★★ Newbie
New update is causing game to crash more frequently
Message 1 of 46 (1,463 Views)

Re: Crash at startup after new patch

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem as you have stated but iphone 5, also deleted and reinstalled but to no avail.
Message 3 of 46 (2,946 Views)

Re: Crash at startup after new patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem on my iPhone 5S and iPad Air. I just got off the phone with EA, and they said that others are also having crash issues due to the update, so until it's fixed on their end, we'll need to be patient and wait.

FYI: If anyone contacts EA, don't let them reset/rollback your game (you'll lose a day's worth of progress), because it won't fix the crashing (it seems like resetting is their first solution to any connectivity or performance issues). The reset/rollback fix only works if the problem is with your account, not the game/update itself.

Message 4 of 46 (2,933 Views)

★ Novice

Two problems that just started happening to me today after I installed the update:

1) My game crashes when I try to visit certain friends. I’ve tried restarting the game and restarting my device, but neither fixes the issue.

2) The yoga mat symbol remains even after I send everyone available on jobs.

Old iPod Touch 3g, iOS 5.1.1

Message 5 of 46 (2,861 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have never even logged on today to see new update!! And with the previous springfield heights i lost all my donuts! I am disappointed with EA games and i hope they make it up to us! I have been playing for years now and i feel like giving up on the game with all these problems recently!!
Message 6 of 46 (2,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue of iPhone loading after Gil deal update but crashing while normal donut spins. NEVER had any loading problems or crashing until this updat. Poorly done EA. Poorly done.

You need to correct this IMMEDIATELY for ALL IOS USERS !
Message 7 of 46 (2,773 Views)

★ Novice
Me too. Have tried loading this game on 2 iPad airs, iPhone and an iPad 4th generation, all are updated and all crash after I log in. I haven't been able to get into my games for hours.
Message 8 of 46 (2,723 Views)

Simpsons Tapped Out crashes when logging in

★★★ Newbie
After new update, Tapped Out crashes after Tap to Continue following login. Tried reinstalling App, etc. On my partner's iPad, he can log in okay to his own tapped out, but it crashes if he uses my log in, so it seems to be related to only my account, anot the App or the iPad. What is causing this?
Message 9 of 46 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having this same issue on all my devices; iPad, iPhone 6, iPad Air. It really bums me out because until the crash I had been avidly playing the new Springfield heights section. I feel I am losing valuable resources by not being able to play the game! Please hurry with the fixes. I may have to find something else to occupy my time (and money)!
Message 10 of 46 (2,672 Views)