Compatibility

by hiphoplegend001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Compatibility

★★★ Novice

Hi Forums,

It has come to my attention that YET ANOTHER EA game is not compatible with my device, the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700. I would particularly like to play this game on my nice tablet but obviously I can't. 

Why is this game not compatible on such a high-end device when it IS compatible with similar (and in some cases older) tablets like the original Asus Transformer, Transformer Prime, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Will EA ever bother to make this game compatible?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18 (4,999 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Compatibility

Community Manager

It is the decision of the company that builds the device, which Android version runs on it. The Simpsons: Tapped Out requires Andriod version 2.3.3 (or higher). 

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (5,218 Views)

★★★ Novice
If its not available on the play store, you could try and get the file via different means? It may still play. You may have to uninstall the game and reinstall with the file from another source. If you have an origin account (which you all do on here of course) you wont lose data.

If that doesnt work, then shoot EA a hell of alot of emails/complaints. Someone may listen

View in thread

Message 13 of 18 (1,516 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

It is the decision of the company that builds the device, which Android version runs on it. The Simpsons: Tapped Out requires Andriod version 2.3.3 (or higher). 

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 18 (5,219 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for your reply, however my TF700 currently runs android 4.1.1, which according to reports is due to be upgraded to 4.2 in the second quarter of the year. Will the compatibility change when this update is made available?
Message 3 of 18 (4,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have android 4.2.1 but the game isnt compatible. Whats's up with that?
Message 4 of 18 (4,875 Views)

★★★ Novice
I too thought that having the latest android AND having the newest full hd smartphones compatible might change the situation, but it hasn't.
I asked EA if it will be compatible and they are speaking to the studio who makes the game to ask, but probably won't get a reply from them.
Message 5 of 18 (4,860 Views)

★★★ Novice
So to reiterate my query:
Will this game ever be compatible with the Asus TF700T? This device currently runs on android 4.2.1 and has a Tegra 3 quad core processor. Lets go over some of the reasons why the device should be compatible: The processor isn't the problem because it has the same processor as the TF201 and Nexus 7, although it is clocked at a higher speed than all of these. Is it the screen resolution? If the screen resolution is "too high" because it's full HD, then all the new smartphones such as the Galaxy S4 wouldn't be compatible, let alone the Nexus 10 with its monstrously high resolution. Is it the specific resolution of this tablet that causes the problem? Is the clock speed too high? If that was the reason then the Galaxy S4 wouldn't be compatible since that clock speed is higher. Or perhaps is down to the popularity of the device?

It would just be nice if someone from EA could tell us exactly why it isn't compatible, given that many of the (potential) reasons are contradicted by another devices' compatibility. To paraphrase Top Gear: "how hard can it be to make this device compatible?"
Message 6 of 18 (4,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I to would like a response as to why our device (Asus Transformer Infinity tf700) is not compatible with this game. Instead, I have to play it on my older, slower, cell phone.

Message 7 of 18 (4,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has this been fixed to run on the infinity yet!
Message 8 of 18 (4,614 Views)

★★★ Novice
The issue is kind of fixed. The latest version of the game does work with the device if you can find an .apk online. It isn't compatible according to the play store so you can't download it from there. It seems that the studio who makes the game listened to my constant questioning. But yes, it definitely does work with it. And it looks really good
Message 9 of 18 (4,589 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been playing this on my archos titanium 80 for months now with no problems, however the latest update, in the play store wont download as it says it is not compatible . 

Why does the new version not work. I really want to build krustyland

Message 10 of 18 (4,548 Views)