Comic Book guy has ! but quest won't pop up

by NightsWatch819

Original Post

Comic Book guy has ! but quest won't pop up

★★★ Newbie

Comic Book guy has an exclamation point over his head and he can do other quests, but his Krustland Quest won't begin. I don't know how to get it to work. I click on him and i also have made him complete other quests, the exclamation point pops back up, but i still can't click it. any suggestions?? Because I only recently started the game I've got a few different levels of quests going on at once - this is the one right after CMG has to ride the Radioactive Man Ride.

Message 3 of 70 (10,169 Views)

Comic book guy has exclamation point

★★★ Newbie

Comic book guy is walking around with an exclamation point over his head. Tapping on him has no effect. Can't activate him to do jobs. Can this be fixed?

Message 1 of 70 (10,303 Views)

Re: Comic book guy has exclamation point

What level are you on?

What colour is the !, it might be a Krustyland task.

Basic Trouble shoot

Resynch by visiting a friend or going to Krustyland
Log out/Log in
Hardclose game
Restart device
Clear cache
Free up space

Load on another device
Try a different wifi/connection/internet/broadband

If connected to EA/Origin: do a delete/reinstall of the game
If you play Anonymously a delete/reinstall will get your game lost

This is what you can do on your own, if this does not help, contact support.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Do nt call it a bug or a glitch. Report it as a Technical issue.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 70 (10,296 Views)

Re: Comic Book guy has ! but quest won't pop up

Hero (Retired)

Here are the relevant quests for your game:

The Krusty-est Place on Earth Pt. 22, Comic Book Guy starts the quest.
Make Comic Book Guy, Bart and Milhouse ride the Radioactive Man Ride– 4 hrs

The Krusty-est Place on Earth Pt. 23, Comic Book Guy starts the quest.
Hire a Krustyland Mascot– Itchy or Scratchy 60 donuts or Poochie 2500 tickets.

Have you completely finished part 22, sending all 3 characters on the ride? If you have, one suggestion would be to store Android’s Dungeon, which would store CBG as well, then replace it in your town. This may reset the quest line so that it will trigger properly. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 4 of 70 (10,005 Views)

Comic Book Guy stuck on ! mark help

★ Novice

Today when I finished the The Krusty-est Place On Earth Pt. 22 quest with comic book guy the explanation mark appeared on him when I tried to click it nothing would happen. I tried going back to Springfield then Krusty Land again and nothing would happen. I then logged out and logged back in didn’t work, tried redownloading the app still no luck and rebought comic book guy and the androids dungeon and that didn’t work either.

I have no idea what to do and why this happened any idea what to do.

Message 5 of 70 (10,014 Views)

Comic Book guy has ! but quest won't begins

★★★ Newbie
Comic book guy is walking around with an exclamation over his head. I've finished krustyland quest n 22 Tapping on him has no effect neither in Springfield or krustyland . Can't activate him to do jobs. Can this be fixed?
Message 6 of 70 (9,979 Views)

Re: Comic Book guy has ! but quest won't begins

Hero (Retired)

As several of you have exactly the same problem, it suggests that there may be a bug in the game preventing the quest line appearing. I suggest you contact EA to make them aware of this problem. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 7 of 70 (9,950 Views)

A friend of mine is having this issue right now. I'm trying to work with her to figure it out and nothing is working. This is a new glitch.
Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 8 of 70 (9,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Glad it's just not me !! is frustrating .... i raised issue with EA Help but they were No Help !! fingers crossed it sorts itself out

Message 9 of 70 (9,756 Views)

Re: Comic Book guy has ! but quest won't pop up

★★★ Newbie
Same problem. Just started today.
Message 10 of 70 (9,715 Views)