Re: Can not log into Simpson’s tapped out

by mumbojimbo99

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There might be the problem. Within the (Origin/EA) account i have a second email registered, and asking for verification there on that one i receive the email . But that second email does not work for the game login. Is there a way i can switch the login to the game to that second email? Or change the verification for the game to i.e. SMS?

Message 491 of 698 (242 Views)

Hero

I'm still here to report another success; another user in my group has just confirmed that he is back in the game thanks to the assistance that, with the long procedure described several times in this post, created a new account and moved the game saves from the old to the new.
Probably all help desks are aligning themselves with this long but successful solution. ...
Don't give up and contact support

help.ea.com/ 

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 492 of 698 (240 Views)

Hero
@bwanamakesjuju The alternative email and telephone number (SMS) are only used to receive the security code, which is useful for making changes to the profile. They are NOT NEEDED for access to the game

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 493 of 698 (233 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bafanc You have to get a customer service agent willing to go through the steps; I have not been that much yet😬
Message 494 of 698 (309 Views)

Hero
@yjubrbug53530 you are right and you need one who is also good; to another user, via Twitter, they have carried out the move of the city to another new account, but now he always has the screen from Bart and the server refuses the connection!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 495 of 698 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bafanc- a couple of things for your lucky friend to try -

Force-close and clear cache, restart the game and expect a Bart screen to begin. Don't tap retry, head to Recent Apps screen and swipe the game off and then go to the Home screen and launch it from the Game icon. If Bart shows up again only tap Retry once and if it comes back with the countdown timer close it and restart it again.

Turn off internet access and start the game so it says it's your fault it can't connect - then turn the internet access back on and tap retry

If they can access another device start the game on both so it gives the Your Other Device warning

Re-install so it has to search for the huge Game Data download

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 496 of 698 (296 Views)

★ Guide

I am back in!!!!!!!! Minus a few ‘000 donuts but I will chase that up.

I have been very lucky in finding someone who knew how to do it. 

My broken account was switched onto a new one set up specifically to be overwritten. I went through the EA.com case route and didn’t take no for an answer. I am still blocked by Twitter for constantly asking for exactly what was eventually done.

Good luck to everyone still locked out, I hope you’re back in sooner than later. 

Message 497 of 698 (275 Views)

Hero
@mumbojimbo99 Hurray! Welcome back to the game. Come on guys, it's the right way!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 498 of 698 (274 Views)

@mumbojimbo99 - great news Standard smile

Hopefully more help techs are now going to be able to do this, so everyone else still affected can also get back tapping.

If you haven't been lucky yet, keep trying. Good luck everyone Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 499 of 698 (253 Views)

★ Guide
@1-Graham-S I really hope so. I’m having some serious issues connecting to the servers but I do get in eventually. I managed to get to a very senior person in the end. That person obviously has a lot more knowledge than the usual frontline operator. Everyone has to start somewhere but there should be a process of referral to someone with more knowledge rather than giving a flat no.
Message 500 of 698 (248 Views)