Re: Code Issues - Not receiving the verification email - Can't login

by MikeBLynn

Original Post

Re: Verfication code not sending?

★★ Apprentice

I just recently as of yesterday was able to change my email and I was met with not being able to log in because I'm not receiving the Verification codes but last week my nephew signed up and shared in the count with me which course he has his own email address so when he signs on to tap out he is able to get the Verification codes in the play the game so I'm not understanding why some of us it's been playing the game for years cannot get in

Message 411 of 698 (396 Views)

Re: Verfication code not sending?

Hero
@bunglekat20 in fact it is not a problem of the app, nor of the email address (changing it does not help), but of the game profile .. only that no one can understand what and why

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 412 of 698 (393 Views)

★★ Guide
@jnixo420 Not yet, I am going to call the customer service Monday
Message 413 of 698 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]

@yjubrbug53530- I sent screenshots of the posts @MikeBLynn left to a friend of mine from another site with the same problem.
When they tried Help the tech didn't understand at first so the screenshots were sent on as attachments.
The tech couldn't figure out how but was interested to learn and passed it on up the chain. I'd love to hear this works for everyone but I expect my friend won't hear back until Monday though.
Might be worth grabbing screenshots or links to those posts for when you do give Help a try

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 414 of 698 (352 Views)

★ Apprentice

@1-Graham-S  Did your friend use the phone call back or the twitter help?

I mentioned earlier and gave the link to get the call back from a tech.

This way you can actually speak to them instead of using the online chat (twitter, etc).

I had a fellow with a British accent who was very knowledgeable  call and assist me.

AFTER verifying my identity (by sending a code to the email address I was using), he had me:

1. create a new account at ea.com (NOT in the simpsons game but on the web at ea.com) (which he sent a verification code to the NEW account email address)

2. login to that new account in the simpsons game (verification code was sent and accepted to the new email address on the NEW account)

3. play the game to complete 4 to 5 tasks until a badge appeared in the friends section

4. log out of the game

from here he transferred my old game data to the new game.

After that was done, he had me logged back into the game using the new account email and my original game was there for me to continue playing.

Like I mentioned earlier, it was time consuming (this gentleman was very patient with me and very clear on his instructions)

Message 415 of 698 (334 Views)

@mikeblynn - pretty sure it was a call to the US Help rather than live chat or social channels, but the tech they got didn't know how to actually go about doing that even after reading screenshots of your posts explaining how you were helped ?!?

Might be you got lucky with someone who thought I wonder if this will work . . . and it wasn't in the manual ( yet )

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 416 of 698 (327 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried one last time. I explained that Verizon no longer has an email service, so it's absolutely impossible to get the verification code. But without it, they won't change my email. So no two ways about it, I'm screwed. About 2000 donuts, max level, and max money, all gone.  Pic for anyone curious...

Message 417 of 698 (314 Views)

★ Guide
@jada915 Keep trying, this happened to me last year. I did manage to get it sorted but I think I was lucky. It did take weeks. Use the screenshot as an element of proof it was your account, provide details of any payment made etc.
Message 418 of 698 (294 Views)

★★★ Guide

I’m hoping that they see going back to password is less effort than everyone having to move all their games to a whole new email? But wow it’s like 9 weeks for some 😔😭 surely that’s not an acceptable timescale for fixing issues they caused? 

Message 419 of 698 (275 Views)

★★★ Novice
@mumbojimbo99 Yeah, I used the screen shot my game and the screen shot of my EA portal (with the old email on file) to prove that it's me. Showed them that my old email and new email are the exact same just different providers, but they still won't let me change it.
Message 420 of 698 (259 Views)