Re: Code Issues - Can't log into the game.

by TheMasterNova1

Original Post

★★ Novice
@1-Graham-S account issue does make sense. EA are normally good and i've been playing the game since it was released (on and off for years) this is the first major issue i've had with it
Message 91 of 698 (690 Views)

@awilcox879 - there have been changes to the account system over the years and this might be some old Origin bug or something that's come back with a vengeance - oh, joy

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 92 of 698 (681 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @1-Graham-S,

On Answers HQ, there is anti-spam measure in place where a new user must make at least 1 post before it will unlock the permission to send a DM. Once a posts been created, they should be able to send a DM. If not, could you pop me a message of the users unable to message and I'll take a look at the forum accounts?

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 93 of 698 (682 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna i have sent you a message i cant remember if i posted first or after the message, did you get it?
Message 94 of 698 (695 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna Is there an account fix in place then, for people not receiving the verification code?
Message 95 of 698 (691 Views)

Re: Can’t login

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@madcap8 Hey it’s an ongoing issue that arose from the 18th May 2021 update and others since, it’s affecting thousands of users and EA are fully aware of it and seem to be playing dumb and doing sweet f!$k all about it. 

After 3 weeks of users pleading for action they’ve just now decided to start collecting information from game players with this issue, follow the instructions in this thread and let’s hope we can finally play soon!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Code-Issues-Code-not-accepted-Can-t-log-into-the-g...

Message 96 of 698 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
@EA_Lanna   - these were PMs attempted on the EA Forum -

EDIT - to be clear these are players who have valid active emails but do not even receive the codes needed to log in

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you I'm well past needing to add a first post here and haven't had any problems with Answers DMs or the ability to send Forum PMs to anyone where the user name shows up as a recipient as you type.
The players not receiving codes that I checked over there would not come up as a recipient even if the username was copied and pasted

One I checked, and I'm sure they won't mind me posting this, was @TheMasterNova1 . . .
EDIT 2 - we shared answers DM's and compared account settings, finding no reason for this other than an issue with the account itself. I get Forum PMs and code emails and they don't

Start to type and suggestions come up, and it's not case sensitive . . .

pmtest1.png

add an n and there's no suggestions, same if you copy the username directly into recipients . . .

pmtest2.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 97 of 698 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @awilcox879, I can see it in my inbox. Thanks I'll include it with the other examples I've received so far.

Hey @TheMasterNova1, aside from the patches to date, no not yet. The patches previously fixed issues for some players experiencing codes and logins but as you can see there's a few different angles to this issue. Once I know more and can share updates, I'll add it to these threads. @1-Graham-S mentioned you're having issues with DM's on the TSTO EA forums? I'd like to test that with you over there by sending a wee DM to you. Please keep an eye out for that. 

Thanks @1-Graham-S. I'll look into that with them. It'd be best not to continue discussing the EA forum DM's in this particular thread. There's already a good bit going on in here ^^; If there's more information or things to be discussed about EA Forum DM's and a possible connection to the verification codes + TSTO game logins, let's open a new thread and keep this one on the Code Invalid issue (I've started splitting other issues into their own dedicated space).

On that note, folks you may notice your post has been moved to another thread. At the start, we were merging threads having login issues related to the codes into the same space for tracking. Considering the amount of posts and the different issues, it's becoming difficult to follow. We've split the 'not receiving any codes through email, ever' posts to it's own thread as a result to give it it's own discussion space. Sorry for any confusion the moving caused. Please click the link above to be directed to the other thread if you're having that particular issue. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 98 of 698 (618 Views)

@EA_Lanna - that possible connection is better off in the newly split Not Receiving Codes thread you were working on just after I replied.
it was also the inspiration for the An idea . . thread I added earlier. I know @TheMasterNova1 and a similarly affected friend on another site have both set up new accounts and new games, and those new accounts do receive codes without issue.
The hope behind that idea is if the game data for the affected account could be switched over to a new account that will actually get the codes and give the players access to their games again.

Message 99 of 698 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@1-Graham-S Nice idea with the DMs (PMs). I tried to reproduce with my account that gets no e-mails (this one) and another one that gets some.

Result: They could communicate in this forum quite well. I also found the "not working" account in the quicklist. So this doesn't seem to be an error in general with accounts not getting any mails... (also to @EA_Lanna)
Message 100 of 698 (600 Views)