Re: No verification email

by 742evergreenjess

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Code Issues - Not receiving the verification email - Can't login

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't get it at all, what the code is for. I mean, if it would at least ask for your password before you need a code, it would make sense to protect your account.

In my opinion, it makes the account simply more vulnerable now.

(CM: Edited thread title to be more specific to the login issues in this thread after splitting posts from mega thread)

Message 1 of 698 (18,949 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Locked out

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Edit: Pinning to top of thread for visibility. Please run through these 4 things to rule out those factors. 

Hi @cookiecaper3

This is on our radar and we are looking into what might be causing this. Could you double-check the following things please to rule them out for you: 

1. Check the email matches your EA/Origin account email
  2. Ensure the email in entered all lowercase and without spaces: It should no longer be an issue if not, but just to be sure, please enter the email address in all lowercase. 
  3. White List EA email address: There can be settings that restrict incoming messages from addresses not on your contacts list. If that's there, please add the email address EA@e.ea.com to your contact list.
  4. Check Spam: The filtering on some email providers can  cause the EA email to be routed through to the spam folder and hidden away. Could you take a peek at your spam folder and see if any of the emails have gone there?

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 233 of 698 (11,359 Views)

All Replies

Re: Code Issues - Can't log into the game.

★ Apprentice
@darthhart77 And for me I never even got an email with the verification code, I’m sorry this has happened to you too. It’s so frustrating!
Message 2 of 698 (11,662 Views)

Re: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I had the same issue, I gave my birth date, phone number, address, etc and they kept saying I was wrong but it’s my account and that’s my information. I said if that was the case then I must have been hacked but he wouldn’t take me seriously and was actually super rude! I got onto another woman named Rimi who was really great, I told her how many donuts, cash and my last log in and she fixed it up for me!

I’ve tried all this but I’m not even getting a code, no emails, no junk Mail, nothing!

As we’re all aware the new TSTO update requires this verification code but I’ve tried everything confirmed my email with customer support team, deleted and re-downloaded the app, turn phone on and off and still have not got any code to attempt to put in! 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 3 of 698 (11,795 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @742evergreenjess,

We're aware of this issue and our team is actively investigating it. I've outlined a workaround in my post (it's pinned to the top of the thread) and it may help you in the meantime. Once we have an update to share, we'll drop it into this thread as soon as possible.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 698 (11,793 Views)

★★ Guide

Workaround doesn’t work

Message 5 of 698 (11,772 Views)

★ Apprentice

I managed to change my email address in my account by answering some security questions with the helpdesk (it took 5 tries because they kept saying my answers were incorrect). But I'm not even getting the emails with the codes. I've tried changing my authentication to SMS and app authenticator and I've tried sending them to a secondary email. Nothing works and the helpdesk doesn't seem to want to actually do anything. I'm pretty convinced that something in the server isn't speaking to TSTO and it's sending my codes to the old email address (I've checked spam etc).

Message 6 of 698 (11,723 Views)

★★ Guide

Is EA actually trying to solve this issue? Still haven’t received a single code in any email or junk mail, tried to just play anonymously, go through the tutorial and log in where you add friends but still prompts you for this damn non-existent code!

Message 7 of 698 (11,586 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don’t even get the email with the codes. Requested for a new email, doesn’t come either. And I checked my junk mail

Message 8 of 698 (11,704 Views)

Rif.: Login issues

★★ Guide
@Bafanc I’m using an @outlook.com email and not getting sent any codes but I get plenty of emails from EA customer service about this thread and private cases I’ve filed
Message 9 of 698 (11,832 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@spurz70 2 days still no fix, no email with codes
Message 10 of 698 (11,571 Views)