Code Issues - Code not accepted - Can't log into the game.

by darthhart77

Original Post

Re: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

Hero
@mi_gracida881 given that the code is only valid for 10 minutes, then it changes, if the problem continues you have to work on your EA profile. Read the message I wrote above

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 671 of 675 (2,857 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

FOr me it does. I have like 10 codes i entered them all. Constantly. I haven't been able to log in. Even redownloaded the game.

Message 672 of 675 (2,807 Views)

Hero
@BdoMcGregor The code is only ONE and is only valid for 10 minutes, then it changes. If you receive the code, but then the WRONG CODE message appears, the problem must be solved by logging into your EA / ORIGIN profile and updating your details and changing your password. If that's your problem just let me know and I'll give you more specific instructions!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 673 of 675 (2,790 Views)

Hero

LET'S MAKE THE POINT:

To date (September 2021) two types of access problems persist with different methods of resolution:

1) I DO NOT RECEIVE THE CODE for acces:

Check that your mailbox is ACTIVE and WORKING (check that you have space on the mail server to receive new emails) and that the code has not accidentally ended up in SPAM; Once this is done, you just have to contact the support team using the method that is most convenient for you. Personally I recommend, for the times and methods required, to avoid contact by EMAIL. By filling out the form you find at the following address (if you don't have a MAYHEM ID, enter 0000 and continue)

=> https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out  

you will see all the options available at the moment. CHAT and TELEPHONE are the best, but available on particular days and times (office times). You can also use the Facebook and TWITTER channels to contact the support team:

=> https://twitter.com/EAHelp

2) I RECEIVE THE CODE, but when I insert it I get an WRONG CODE message:

I want to remind everyone that the code is ONE and is only valid for 10 minutes, AFTER CHANGING it and you need to request another one. Before going further, it is good to try again several times; maybe you are making a trivial syntax error. IN ANY WAY, to solve the problem, you need to connect to your EA / ORIGIN account

(link: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index)

and log in with the old EMAIL and PASSWORD method.

Once inside, do the following:

1) Update and complete your personal data

2) Check that your primary email is correct and that it is VERIFIED

3) Add a second email and a telephone number; you will need them as alternative methods to receive the security codes (Email, Voice or SMS)

4) Save

5) CHANGE PASSWORD

If you find difficulties or have doubts, I recommend opening a specific post, so other users can advise you, within the limits of our possibilities. I want to remember that we are just players like you, maybe with a little more experience or luck (often it makes a difference) and we don't seem to make EA teams

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 674 of 675 (17,123 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks @Bafanc. That's a great post. I'll pin it to improve the visibility it'll get as I think it'll be helpful for others encountering this issue.

Future readers, please check out Bafanc's pinned post and try the steps share in them. If afterwards you're still encountering the issue, you're welcome to pop open a new thread and add what you've tried so far. We would recommend connecting with our support team where possible however as we're limited to recommended troubleshooting steps from the forums.

All the best,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 675 of 675 (2,771 Views)