Re: New Login crap

by TheMasterNova1

Original Post

★ Guide

I am in the same boat as you, years of play put in, and also plenty of $$$$. I contacted them online via the live chat, the feedback is.....just wait......just wait......just wait

Message 301 of 675 (832 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I finally managed to get back into my game...here is how i did it:

First I did the basic walkthrough as suggested:

1. Restart the application, via a force-close and launch (make sure it’s not still running in the background when restarting the app), and then requesting a new code
  2. Restart the device, launch the app and request a new code
  3. Keep trying!
  4. When using Code Login,  ensure the email address is correct, and that you are entering the code fairly quickly after receiving it.

After it didn't work for a week or two, I decided yesterday that I'd try removing the game completely. Therefore, 

1. I went to my phone settings

2. entered the "application settings" (where you find the size of your apps and details about the cache used)

3. I chose the TSTO app and clicked on "delete cache"

4. I uninstalled the game

5. I re-installed the game

6. After a couple of minutes of downloading I logged into the game while sitting on my pc, so I could check the code on my mail account

7. I entered the code and got into my game.

Maybe this helps some1 else here. Good luck people. Standard smile

Message 302 of 675 (814 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried this. It didnt work for me

Message 303 of 675 (781 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It helped me.  By cell phone. By tablet... I will yet try it too. :-)

Message 304 of 675 (737 Views)

Hero
@00Schneiper all this just because you missed the communication of the application update. Your system didn't do it automatically, except when you uninstalled and forced the new version to install! You no longer need to use another device to read the email with the code. Upon returning to the app, it automatically restarts and accepts the code, which NOW does not change every restart!

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 305 of 675 (724 Views)

Re: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

@742evergreenjess - I read somewhere that on "another platform" a player posted they'd been advised there'd be a new update coming soon to solve the problems - vague I know but think . . .

The normal timetable is a mini event then a week off and then a multi-event. This mini event got extended by a week, so if EA stick to the original schedule on Tuesday there will be an update for an event starting Wednesday.

I've got my fingers crossed that is the case and hoping it helps with all the problems players are facing.
I hope they've even come up with a simple yet secure way to help players with "Dead" email addresses.
Guess we'll find out in another few days.

It would be nice if @EA_Lanna could confirm or clarify this Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 306 of 675 (654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bafanc: Dunno what you mean. I have Auto-Update checked plus also checked for Updates in my play Store for my Corona Apps. Therefore, every App ist up to Date in the evening latest.

The Update was Like a Couple of days ago and didnt change anything for me. You can bet that i tried a couple of times after the update. So i went for 'full destruction' Mode and it worked.

Message 307 of 675 (631 Views)

Re: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

★★ Novice

Hi still 2-3 weeks can’t log in?  Followed every hint every clue every task. 
emailed 27 times. Still can’t log in. 
you all hate me I know it. 
sad face from a player for 20 years now. 
Hal has closed the pod bay doors and I’m tired of trying to get you all to answer me. 
this is my last request my last try. I’m going swimming with Buckley. 

Message 308 of 675 (664 Views)

The simpsons tapped out cannot enter email verification code

★★ Novice

Game wouldn’t load the last couple of days (get the splash screen and then the load screen with the spinning donut). Not getting the ‘tap to login’ box in the bottom left, just an endlessly spinning donut in the bottom right which I can leave spinning until the batter goes flat! Usual fix I saw was to uninstall and reinstall. That takes no time.

Get the login box with a handful of updates. Put in my email to begin login and get sent a verification number at that email address. Type the verification code by hand (only five digits) and am told the code is incorrect, please try again. Retype carefully and am told it’s incorrect and to please try again. Cut and past and again, incorrect. Hit resend code and repeat the above. About a dozen resent codes (I lost count, but all different) and all are incorrect and I’m to keep trying again! 

I log into The Simpsons: Tapped Out pretty much every morning (quite literally) as part of my ‘waking up’ routine. Even getting here to this stage was a task having to change the password I us for Tapped Out and Origin in general before having to trawl through similar previously asked questions that aren’t actually anywhere near the same as my issue. Any ideas at all on how to get an official code sent just seconds before to the given email I am trying to verify to well, be correct?

Message 309 of 675 (639 Views)

Hero
@00Schneiper sometimes the appstores get enchanted and don't report new updates. The preceding you made (uninstall after deep cleaning) is the one I myself recommend to my users when they have problems or do not receive updates!

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 310 of 675 (639 Views)