Rif.: Login issues

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Rif.: Cannot log in

Hero
@roses460 This is one of the few problems of this new LOGIN procedure which is SOLVABLE. The bug appears because we leave the game screen to read the email with the code.
There are 3 easy ways to solve; choose one:
1) Activate notifications for new emails and read the code through the drop-down menu (the code is present in the title)
2) Use another device to read the email (PC or other)
3) Read the email in the usual way, but do not immediately return to the game to insert it; FIRST close the game app and remove it from the recent ones, THEN restart it, and repeat the procedure, inserting EMAIL and the CODE you have read before and which is still valid (without leaving the login screen)

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 171 of 675 (5,311 Views)
Highlighted

Rif.: Login issues

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all, 

I'm back again, this time with good news!  

The studio are working on a fix and hope to have one out as soon as possible! Standard smile AND!!! The Foodie fight event will also be extended

We'll give you a heads up once the fix goes live so you can check your game and let us know how you are getting on with it. 

Thanks so much for your patience while we were investigating this and a big thanks to all the forum members who were posting advice and workarounds to help others experiencing this issue. That was really cool to see. Please consider giving posts that helped some XP for being so awesome. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 172 of 675 (6,355 Views)

New Login Method Doesn’t Work

★★★ Newbie

The app asks for a login code, I provide it, then it tells me the code is accepted and to check my email for additional instructions to complete my profile. Except there’s no additional email and it won’t let me login. No customer support without logging in. I think I’m just going to delete it; game is getting boring anyway.

Message 173 of 675 (5,472 Views)

Rif.: New Login Method Doesn’t Work

Hero
@WestJones1469 Don't be angry! A new update, which will solve these problems, is about to arrive: They have just communicated it .. if you don't have time to wait then some advice for entering your city.
This is one of the few problems of this new LOGIN procedure which is SOLVABLE. The bug appears because we leave the game screen to read the email with the code.
There are 3 easy ways to solve; choose one:
1) Activate notifications for new emails and read the code through the drop-down menu (the code is present in the title)
2) Use another device to read the email (PC or other)
3) Read the email in the usual way, but do not immediately return to the game to insert it; FIRST close the game app and remove it from the recent ones, THEN restart it, and repeat the procedure, inserting EMAIL and the CODE you have read before and which is still valid (without leaving the login screen)

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 174 of 675 (5,470 Views)

Re: Code Issues - Can't log into the game.

★★★ Newbie
@darthhart77 log me in to the game
Message 175 of 675 (5,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can not login to my account why 

Help me please 

Message 176 of 675 (5,443 Views)

Rif.: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

★ Novice

This does not work for me. I still get invalid code. 

Message 177 of 675 (5,421 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Lanna - That's great news. I want to do a reinstall but not while the log-in is wonky !! 😊

@Bafanc - Both my towns use gmail addresses. I'm lucky enough to have a device for each and so far my phone has kept my A town logged in but when my B town flipped out on my tablet I tried recent apps quit, force close, clear cache and reboot, and a combination of some or all repeatedly while using a laptop to fetch emails. It wasn't any alias address, so I'm not sure there is a link. Just bad luck for some and not others. My B town often has a lot more trouble than my A town !?!

EDIT UPDATE I'm leaving the next because people may have read it or it may still apply. It is also possible it's a hardware issue related to switching broadband suppliers, with a handover due perhaps as soon as in a few hours. Wait and see time . . .

What follows might not be a game related problem after all :-

PS - the reinstall might still be needed but I'm keeping my B town running non-stop for now. For almost 2 hours earlier every time I tried to load it my tablet WiFi broke. Had my phone and laptop working fine and if I tried anything else on the tablet then once I'd restarted the WiFi yet again it worked, right up to me trying to get my B town to load ?!?

It was almost like the code to check connection had switched to kill connection as soon as the splash screen came up. Weird and annoying !!

EDIT - just had to restart WiFi on my phone after trying to load my A town. Only took one go for that, luckily. Hope this next patch or update sorts everything because I can't help feeling it's related.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 178 of 675 (5,421 Views)

Re: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

★★★ Newbie

Lena, i have a similar problem. I enter the code and the a screen pops up telling to complete my profile through an email i guess you’re supposed to send me, but i never received that email. What should i do??

I attached a screenshot of the message

Message 179 of 675 (4,901 Views)

Havent recieved email to finish profile

★★★ Newbie

I tried to log into my account then i had to do a verification to my email for a security code and i put in the code and haven't received another email and it has said to wait for a email to finish my profile 

Message 180 of 675 (4,890 Views)