Re: Code Issues - Can't log into the game.

by rlyman68

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
@darthhart77 And just like that EA lost another player!
Message 31 of 675 (1,399 Views)

Re: Why is it so hard to login to this game now?

@braveswin1713 

please quote me where I said it is resolved

as far as I am concerned this is still an ongoing issue that is really annoying and makes the game bordering on unplayable

I know EA_Lanna marked something as the solution to highlight the trouble shooting steps - Though that will not work for most

But they did not claim it was resolved either

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 32 of 675 (1,400 Views)

Can’t sign into the * game

★★★ Newbie

😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

Message 33 of 675 (1,398 Views)

★★ Guide

I can’t even get the code because I’ve been playing for so long it’s my old school email address which no longer exists! EA needs to fix this ASAP! Can not play at all

Message 34 of 675 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can get past the verification code part but then it says go back to your email and follow the steps there. I don’t have an email with steps??

Message 35 of 675 (1,326 Views)

@BradddBTW 

it loops. 

You enter email

you go to the mail to get the code

(game reloads)

you enter code

you get a confirmation and have to enter your email

go to the mail to get the code

(game reloads)

you get a confirmation and have to enter your email again

and so on and so on

only way around is if you get the code from the email on a different device, like a computer or a second device, as soon as you open another app on the device you play the game on it reloads

This is not good

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 36 of 675 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game just accepts the code but never logs me in.  It says something about a different verification email to finish my setup, but that email never shows up.

Message 37 of 675 (1,313 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is a workaround but it is not possible for everyone.

Do not open the mail on the same phone/tablet as you have your game on.

If you do the game reloads and you get a confirmation message and have to enter your email again and get a new code to verify again - and it will loop, over and over and over and over and over again, you will never get in that way.

Open the email on a computer or a secondary phone/tablet to get the code

Again, this is not good because not everyone have a computer or a secondary device with email apps

And this is suppose to be a "mobile" game so hauling a laptop or another device if you're out is not something everybody are willing or able to do

For those who can do this, congratulations, it is a pain and very annoying but at least we can play.

@EA_Lanna This really is not fun, I play with an account and as Anonymous, to be able to see first hand what issues Anonymous players might face that connected players do not. This mean I log out and in 5 times a day but I can not do this if I do not have my laptop and I do/will not bring the computer everywhere I go

D'oh! - Em
Message 38 of 675 (1,311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@minicha-em 

I totally agree that this is a frustrating work-around. Fortunately, I play two towns on two different devices - iPad and Kindle. But it is still a complete Pain in the A** to have to sign in to different email accts. just to play an EA game. And, as I mentioned in an earlier post, this is NOT a more “secure” procedure, as if someone has access to my email - even for 20 seconds - they can log into my game. But NO ONE can get access to my password - unless EA gets hacked and personal data becomes compromised.

Message 39 of 675 (1,264 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 40 of 675 (1,306 Views)