Characters trapped in a task in Simpson’s house

by skwdpm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Characters trapped in a task in Simpson’s house

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

All of my Springfielders are trapped in a task in the Simpsons house and cannot be released - the Simpsons house cannot be placed in inventory - please help!

Message 1 of 6 (975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Characters trapped in a task

Hero (Retired)

I've actually been studying this issue because it keeps happening to me.  I haven't had it with the Simpsons' house yet, but...

Yesterday I had the Stuck Task Issue at the Newfangled Kwik-E-Mart.  I tried various things that have worked in the past like moving the building or sending the characters on other tasks : nothing worked.  Then I looked and realized that Bart was the character showing up in the character finder.  So I stored Bart's Treehouse, went to my Neighborhood with the Bart/Milhouse button and Viola!  The other characters stopped popping back into the building.

So try storing the building or decoration associated with whichever character shows up in the character finder.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (919 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I've actually been studying this issue because it keeps happening to me.  I haven't had it with the Simpsons' house yet, but...

Yesterday I had the Stuck Task Issue at the Newfangled Kwik-E-Mart.  I tried various things that have worked in the past like moving the building or sending the characters on other tasks : nothing worked.  Then I looked and realized that Bart was the character showing up in the character finder.  So I stored Bart's Treehouse, went to my Neighborhood with the Bart/Milhouse button and Viola!  The other characters stopped popping back into the building.

So try storing the building or decoration associated with whichever character shows up in the character finder.

Message 2 of 6 (920 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem and it is especially frustrating since they're stuck in the Simpsons house and it can't be put into storage. I've tried reinstalling the game, several times actually, playing on different equipment... Nothing works
Message 3 of 6 (917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked!  Ned Flanders was in my character viewer so I stored the Flanders house (even though his task was in the Simpsons house), exited to a different Springfield and came back, and all of the characters were released from the Simpsons house.  Thank you!!

Message 4 of 6 (882 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You're welcome.  I'm just glad it worked.

Message 5 of 6 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, just worked for me. Stored Ned’s house and it released all my characters trapped in the Simpsons house. 

Message 6 of 6 (111 Views)