Characters stuck in Simpsons house

by sakusuhorumu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Characters stuck in Simpsons house

★★ Novice

I've been having this problem for at least two weeks now. Most of my characters are stuck in Simpsons house and since it's one of those buildings that is crucial to the game, I can't put it into storage or sell it. Whenever I log in to the game, there's a bunch of characters that have a completed task in the Simpsons house. I click the thumbs, but they immediately go back in, with Homer being the character at the upper left corner of the screen. I've tried playing on different equipment, uninstalling and then reinstalling and just about everything else, but it's no use

Message 1 of 11 (1,570 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Characters stuck in Simpsons house

Hero (Retired)

I believe wadebear is suggesting to store as many characters as you can, for example storing the Flanders house will also store Ned. List of characters/buildings from the stickied thread at the top of the page.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/INFO-How-to-retrieve-missing-stuck-characters/m-p/...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,399 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Please read this thread with the same issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Characters-trapped-in-a-task-in-Simpson-s-house/m-...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 2 of 11 (1,543 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I’ve read that, and even participated in the thread, but since my characters are stuck in Simpson’s house, I can’t apply it. The fact that it’s the Simpsons house also prevents me from using the tip about putting the building into storage or selling the house and then visiting a neighbor 

Message 3 of 11 (1,514 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried following the advice that wadebear suggested? The OP had exactly the same problem as yours and managed to free the characters, they were stuck in the Simpsons house too. 

Message 4 of 11 (1,488 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I did and it didn’t help. “Then I looked and realized that Bart was the character showing up in the character finder.  So I stored Bart's Treehouse, went to my Neighborhood with the Bart/Milhouse button and Viola!  The other characters stopped popping back into the building.” with me, it’s Homer himself that comes up,on the character finder

Message 5 of 11 (1,484 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I kinda have my doubts about this idea, but it's better than trying nothing: Try moving the Simpsons' House.  Try rotating it.  If it's near a street (with sidewalks) move it away from the street.  Try putting it on pavement (same color as street but no sidewalks).

A few days ago my kids got stuck on a task and I didn't realize it.  As soon as I tapped them out I started sending them on another task - and a bunch of them wound up in 2 locations simultaneously.  Then when I released them it cleared the loop.

Um... Try tapping the Simpsons' House and then hitting the power button on your device.  Deliberately crash the game.

You may have to bite the bullet and store all the other characters.  That should reduce the load and might allow the task to finish.

Message 6 of 11 (1,449 Views)

★★ Novice

"Try rotating it.  If it's near a street (with sidewalks) move it away from the street.  Try putting it on pavement (same color as street but no sidewalks)."

Tried it, no luck

"Try tapping the Simpsons' House and then hitting the power button on your device."

Tried that also Frown

"You may have to bite the bullet and store all the other characters.  That should reduce the load and might allow the task to finish."

I'd try that if I could Frown All my available characters are inside the Simpsons house Frown Whenever I click the thumb icons to release them, they go back inside immediately.

Message 7 of 11 (1,413 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I believe wadebear is suggesting to store as many characters as you can, for example storing the Flanders house will also store Ned. List of characters/buildings from the stickied thread at the top of the page.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/INFO-How-to-retrieve-missing-stuck-characters/m-p/...

Message 8 of 11 (1,400 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I'll give it a go. Got nothing to lose and everything to gain, after all Standard smile

Message 9 of 11 (1,392 Views)

★★ Novice

YES! It worked! Thanks guys!

Message 10 of 11 (1,378 Views)