Re: Characters, Tasks, Buildings, and Towns Disappearing

by jonnynancoo123

Original Post

Characters, Tasks, Buildings, and Towns Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Many tstoaddicts players are stating multiple issues spreading fast since the update. Due to this, I am putting this post up to bring attention to this issue before it spreads to far. 

Here are some of the issues we are seeing... 

1: Players tasks (like all 4hrs) locked out and unable to send anyone on them.

2: Buildings disappearing. There is now just a blank space where the building used to be. Oddly, they are also showing up again for purchase in the menus. 

3: Characters disappearing. Random Characters are just going missing in the towns and no one can find them. 

For any issues like this, all the basics are recommended including the following... 

Clear Cache/Data

Uninstall App

Restart Device

Reinstall App

These still are not helping the issue. If YOU are having this issue, please add your details below and let EA know WHAT issue you are having, when it started, what troubleshooting you tried, and what device you are on. 

Hopefully this will help to bring more attention to the issue going on. 

UPDATE BUNNY: As I have been playing around with this issue, there are a few things I may suggest players try if they want to see if this helps resolve the issue (others have tried this too and are having some success). 

Go to the area where everything is "disappearing" and store EVERYTHING in the location you can. Put it all in your Inventory. Why? I am seeing over an over that possible size changes on many of the buildings is causing a coding nightmare and for the buildings to basically now be "overlapping" on another in the game. Maybe causing this disappearance. This is causing mass chaos as the game does not know what to do. So by storing items in the area and placing them back in the appropriate grids may just help out your game. (You might also wanna do a quick exit out and restart device too). 

So, wait on EA... or give this a try. Up to you. Let us know if you do give it a try and your results. 

Message 1 of 73 (8,181 Views)

★ Novice

Since the most recent update my charcters are also missing the 4 hrs tasks. And even though I still have the buildings in my town the characters are unable to do them (ex. moe cannot go to the unisex hair salon even though i have the building).

Also it seems like about half of my buildings are not earning any money. When I log in after a few hours, brown houses or buildings that are supposed to have  earned money every 1 hour dont have a "$" sign above them.

I play on the samsung s 4. And this started at about 1pm on Jan 15/15.

Message 2 of 73 (7,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Started around noon today, updated yesterday as soon as it came out. Happening on both Android phone and tablet. All character tasks associated with buildings in a certain portion of my Springfield locked.When storing one of these buildings all items in the affected portion disappear. Kwikemarts in this area appear with money not registers over them. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no fix.
Message 3 of 73 (7,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah an issue of missing stuff has been my nightmare the last 5 days ... still no replacement of yes man or a refund of donuts paid for it .... hope everyone has an easier time getting fixes than I had to endure ...

kazzbot

Message 4 of 73 (7,843 Views)

★ Apprentice
Missing Lisa after sending her out on a task (happened to be the new Queen task) got a call back from EA, the rep was unable to fix the problem and said she would have an expert tech call me back.
Message 5 of 73 (7,833 Views)

★★ Novice
Buildings and characters missing started this afternoon, best I can tell but haven't played much since the post Christmas update. Deleted app and reinstalled several times on iPhone 5. Sometimes buildings reappear but characters never do. If buildings have reappeared and I try to move one of the buildings, they all disappear again. Missing items are reappearing in store as available for purchase.
Message 6 of 73 (7,818 Views)

★ Novice
Second time in 7 days my game has reset from level 48 to level 1!!!!
These issues need to be fixed!. It's very irritating having to uninstall an reinstall every few days not to mention a waste of data...playing on a samsung phone...
Message 7 of 73 (7,815 Views)

★★ Novice
I've also noticed that moving an item again makes everything reappear. Gone back and forth several times watching things disappear and reappear again just to see if it was a one time glitch in a glitch but I be been able to recreate it several times.
Message 8 of 73 (7,800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
today my town was messed up so bad it's too much stuff to even list. many buildings missing, many characters missing and it constantly changes every time I go in. different stuff is missing every log in. Some tasks are missing or locked whole areas of my town vanish along with characters. My game is so large it's overwhelming to even remember it all. how am I going to get it all back? I have spent hundreds dollars on this game embarrassingly enough. I have been playing for years. This is the worst
Message 9 of 73 (7,799 Views)

★ Novice
In experiencing the sAme as all. I had to build a second Simsons house to get Lisa back. Storing and replacing a building will return my character but only for that session. As soon as I close the app and reopen the characters are gone again. I also have entire sections of my town dissappear. The reappear when in move something. I now have two simpsons house and princess Lisa doing tasks but I bet after this task competes she will disappear again
Message 10 of 73 (7,795 Views)