Changed phone - how do I retrieve my town?

by metalbejb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changed phone - how do I retrieve my town?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had my facebook linked to my Springfield, but did not have an EA account set up. I just changed my phone last night and I can't seem to retrieve my old Springfield. Game makes me start from the very beginning.

Help?

Message 1 of 3 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changed phone - how do I retrieve my town?

★★★★★ Newbie

I do have my fb account on the new phone yes. In the end, I ended up linking my game on the old phone to this newly created EA account, and log on the new phone using the EA details as well. Took some going back and forth but finally it loaded up.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (468 Views)

All Replies

FB is not made primarily for game connect.

Do you have the FB account on the new phone?

For me, FB have never been able to transfer games between devices, theoretically it should work but in reality it seldom does

Only sure way to transfer the game between devices is with an EA/Origin account.

If you have the Mayham ID, you can ask support for help.

Mayham_17.jpg

If you want to keep a town, always connect it to an EA/Origin account

Take a screencap of the Mayham ID and keep it safe

That way you can always get your town back

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I do have my fb account on the new phone yes. In the end, I ended up linking my game on the old phone to this newly created EA account, and log on the new phone using the EA details as well. Took some going back and forth but finally it loaded up.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Message 3 of 3 (469 Views)