Svar: Change "Origin Avatar"? (Picture in Login Box)

by wilsoncpu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change "Origin Avatar"? (Picture in Login Box)

★★ Novice

tsto_login_box.jpegOK, this is what my login box looks like. I set my Profile pic on EA.COM long ago, and just for grins I also changed it again today.

I have been told by EA support that my profile pic SHOULD display on the login box, instead of the silhouette of Bart. It just doesn't.

Detail: when I set my profile pic, I used the select-area-handles to select the entire pic, which is currently 256x256.

I've seen this login picture referred to as the "Origin avatar".

1) Has _anyone_ gotten their profile pic to show up on the login box? If so, did you do anything special to make it work?

2) Has _anyone_ gotten some other pic to show up on the login box? If so, how?

I was sure I'd seen examples online of people having special pics in there (like a shield or something like that), but right now this is the best shot I can find, and it may be 'Shopped:

Screen Shot

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (3,261 Views)

Accepted Solution

I see the Bart silhouette too, now.

I used to see my selected pic but it was always slow to load and I usually tapped to enter before I could see myself

I havent really thought about it but when I try it now, it stays at Bart

Looking at my friends, I see only Bart too where I normally saw their pics.

You are right, our pics are gone from the game.

This is not game breaking, so it wont be a fast fix.

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your inputhere.
Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,666 Views)

All Replies

I see the Bart silhouette too, now.

I used to see my selected pic but it was always slow to load and I usually tapped to enter before I could see myself

I havent really thought about it but when I try it now, it stays at Bart

Looking at my friends, I see only Bart too where I normally saw their pics.

You are right, our pics are gone from the game.

This is not game breaking, so it wont be a fast fix.

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your inputhere.
Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 11 (3,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever get your pic to work for your avatar here at EA?  its march 2018 I guess its still not working??

Message 3 of 11 (3,027 Views)

My pic is back in the game.

Forums have different rules.

For AHQ you can not select your own profile pic until you have reached a certain rank, not sure which one, probably Champion or Hero

For the regular forum, you can change it whenever you want

D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 11 (3,014 Views)

★★ Novice

In the game, I still see the Bart silhouette. If your avatar is now showing up in the game, did you do anything to make that happen?

If so, what?

Message 5 of 11 (3,003 Views)

my bad. it is still gone from the game

it is such a minor issue to me that I dont even notice it

D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 11 (2,998 Views)

Re: Svar: Change "Origin Avatar"? (Picture in Login Box)

★★★★★ Novice

4 years ago? no update? I just saw there's an avatar on my profile ... wonder who put it there? certainly NOT me, ugh. I wouldnt be portraying myself as a 'male'? especially as I'm a female!. Have never seen a pic in log in box either

Message 7 of 11 (1,244 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jetmyxHead to your EA Account and edit it to update your profile pic.
I did mine ages ago and also added one to a new account for a new game I started during Winter 2019. Both those show up in my game log-in no problem.
You can pick from the gallery or upload your own picture.
Here's a link . . .
https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index

EDIT - pics. Tap the avatar shown to change it, then tap to choose from gallery or just upload . . .

editAvatarForEA.png

chooseAvatarForEA.png

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 8 of 11 (1,236 Views)

@jetmyx - it's a different set-up on here. If you tap on your name at the top of the page and head to Profile you can choose another Answers avatar but only from the gallery.
Only certain higher ranks get the option to upload their own pic, sorry.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 9 of 11 (1,229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@1-Graham-S
whatta * eh? Thanks for replying though. have a great day, from myx down under!
Message 10 of 11 (1,186 Views)