Re: Cecil terrwilliger

by adparker3179

Original Post

Cecil terrwilliger

★★ Novice

I am really mad about this Cecil Terwilliger Money dump character.  I just wasted $5 million for a lousy 45 XP.  There’s only happened because I was trying to set him up for a job and they have these stupid expensive things about the regular jobs.  There’s no confirmation when you select one of these expensive jobs so I had no way to stop it when I accidentally selected it.  $5 million is a lot of money and the game and took me a while to get.  I can’t believe they have this option to waste that much money without it asking for a confirmation.  I’m honestly so upset by this that I’m thinking of just quitting the stupid game.  Thanks a lot EA for this awful feature.

Message 1 of 3 (2,114 Views)

It is not for nothing, it is an investment, it is not a waste

Once you have invested 20 millions you get the Springfield Dam

After another 40 millions ( 60 millions total) you get Mansion Gardens

and after another 80 millions (140 millions total) you get Rock and a Hard place with a funny animation job for Homer

Once you have Rock and a Hard place, there will be no more investment tasks for Cecil

You can see your progress in the Calendar top right corner where you see your Daily Challenges, it's the green tab in that window

Yes, it is annoying that there is no confirmation but all current quest-tasks are on top of the characters job list

These are aspirational quests, for long time players that have 100s of millions and nothing to spend it on

Other aspirational quests are the Money Mountain, Redwood and the IRS 

Tap careful around these things, they've been out for years, and the lesson to be learned is to slow down and pay attention to what you do

This is a player to player forum, you are not communicating with EA here

I personally liked Cecil's quest and was happy about it

I have only done it in one of my towns but I'm well aware of the peril of tasking Cecil in the other towns after almost 3 years this quest have been in place, so I have avoided any expensive accidents by slowing down or using the Unemployment office to task characters

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 3 (2,087 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do agree that it is annoying when you accidentally click on those jobs, which are placed at the top due to being questline jobs. Especially when trying to save up for other things. I did that many times myself until completing them all.
But it is not a bug or glitch. It is just the standard way all tasks work in the game. At least you are not losing anything, it all goes to purchasing the items for Cecil's tasks.

Message 3 of 3 (2,068 Views)