Re: Cannot connect to server

by wadebear

Original Post

Cannot connect to server

★ Novice

Anyone else getting this today? 
“can not connect to server man I hate this screen” 

been getting this all day, even after restarting device and redownloading game, internet is fine everything else is working fine, has tapped out shutdown unannounced  or something? 

Message 1 of 7 (766 Views)

Game will not launch

★ Novice

It will not launch and just sends me to the can not to server ive used on other devices 

Message 2 of 7 (770 Views)

Re: Game will not launch

★ Novice

Sorry i have tried other devices

Message 3 of 7 (766 Views)

Re: Simpsons Tapped out can not connect to server

★★★ Newbie

my game says it can’t connect to server but I have internet. What should I do?

Message 4 of 7 (727 Views)

There was an outage, affecting several of EAs servers and platforms, it should be solved by now

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 7 (699 Views)

★★ Novice
@minicha-em I still cannot connect to server. Picture shows up, donut is spinning ... and nothing.
Message 6 of 7 (629 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pavel_pergam wrote:
@minicha-emI still cannot connect to server. Picture shows up, donut is spinning ... and nothing.

That's the Spinning Donut error.

Background your game with the Home or Circle.

Double tap the Home button (iOS) or Rectangle (Android) to bring up the App Manager.  Swipe away the app.  Swipe any other open apps away while you're at it, just so they don't interfere.

Turn off your device.  OFF.  Do not select restart.  Leave it OFF for a minute.

If you're using an external internet connection (vs cell internet) turn it off and wait a minute on that.

Turn on your external internet and wait for it to boot up.  Usually when the lights have stopped blinking like crazy.

Turn on your device.

Message 7 of 7 (597 Views)