Rif.: Cannot Log In- Code Issue Remains An Issue Months Later

by Bafanc

Original Post

Cannot Log In- Code Issue Remains An Issue Months Later

★★★ Newbie

I RECEIVE THE CODE, but when I insert it I get an WRONG CODE message. This has been an issue for months and many are still experiencing it. I’ve been a player for years and now I’m considering uninstalling the game. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting tricks and I still cannot get into my game days later. Why is EA forcing us to go into 2 step verification if they aren’t prepared to have it work properly? So frustrating.

Message 1 of 15 (985 Views)

Hero
@R-TWO-DAD-TWO To solve this problem do this:

Connect to your EA / ORIGIN profile and log in with EMAIL and PASSWORD: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index

Once inside, do:

1) CHECK and UPDATE your personal data

2) CHECK that your email is VERIFIED, otherwise perform the verification

3) ADD a secondary email and / or a phone number (they will be used in case of emergency and as an alternative method to receive the security code - the phone enables VOICE or SMS)

4) SAVE the changes made

5) Before exiting, CHANGE PASSWORD (Important)

If you follow all the steps correctly you will see that you solve

Small note: the code is valid for only 10 minutes from the request; this is true even if the email takes longer to arrive

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 15 (971 Views)

★ Novice
@Bafanc That didn’t help me to get logged in. Keep getting “Incorrect code” message
Message 3 of 15 (904 Views)

Hero
@havanamike Very strange! Many of my users have solved it this way. By updating your profile and changing your password. I would like to remind you that the code only lasts 10 minutes from the request and then changes; this also applies if the email takes too long to arrive. If that doesn't work, and you are sure you don't miss a few steps, the advice is to speak to a customer service advisor: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/
or on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 4 of 15 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bafanc This is getting frustrating.I uninstalled and reinstalled the app yesterday and was able to login to my game. Played fine today until this evening where I was again asked my age and have to login…AGAIN. 

The codes are sent to me and they are not work. And yes they are coming immediately so the codes are not timing out. This validation code stinks, go back to passwords.

Message 5 of 15 (842 Views)

Hero
@havanamike The logout may be due to a data / cache cleaning performed automatically by some app / feature on your device. For the wrong code .. I would go back to work on my profile, change password and activate (which I have) access to the profile with two-factor authentication (password and security code sent by SMS)

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 6 of 15 (817 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue...get the 5 digit code to log in with; error message that stops all progress.  I have checked that I am running the latest update of TSTO; I am running iOS 15.1 and I have completed all the steps mentioned above (verified everything, added phone number and change password)...and am still unable to load the game.  I have also contacted EA's customer service folks via email and I feel like I'm getting the run around.  Is there something I'm missing?  Or once you get to level 830+ your locked out?  Anyone have a solution to this?  I am happy to know that I am not the only person having this problem.

Message 7 of 15 (690 Views)

Hero
@zhilton76 Question: do you receive an WRONG CODE message, or an ERROR IN THE LOGIN PROCESS message?

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 8 of 15 (678 Views)

★★ Novice

Error on the login in.

Message 9 of 15 (663 Views)

Hero
@zhilton76 ERROR LOGIN: If you have done the above (changed your password and blah blah) it may take a few hours or a day for this block to go away. If, on the other hand, it has been around for a long time, contact customer support immediately, but don't do it by email, but choose CHAT or PHONE, available during working hours.

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 10 of 15 (662 Views)