Can we please remove these old missions?

by schneyer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can we please remove these old missions?

★★ Apprentice

I have a few that I just don’t care to do, but they are clogging things up. I get that you want people to be able to go through them if they miss out. But if they don’t want to finish, there’s no way to delete?

Message 1 of 8 (3,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can we please remove these old missions?

EA app Team

Hi @schneyer,

The missions remain to give you the chance to finish them. However, if you don't want them, I would recommend contacting one of our advisers through EA Help so they can try to help with this. Standard smile

Cheers,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,762 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @schneyer

I do not think it's possible, you will do to finish the mission. Sorry and good luck for complete it.

Message 2 of 8 (3,808 Views)

Can you be more specific?

There are several types of old missions you can be referring to.

1. Permanent missions that you need to complete in order to progress - those will not go away until they are done as they are necessary for the quest

2. Old event missions that no longer gives the rewards - usually removed once the event is over

3. Side missions for premium/event characters

4. Missions you have already completed but have glitched and returned - those have been reported and the studio is working on removing them

There are many more but these are the most common

Generally, you don't have to do any mission but it will be stuck in your task book until they are done

With the new box, I don't see how it can be clogged up, since after a certain time, old missions go in the box in the bottom of the task book and it can be closed

If there's ever any downtime in the game between events, it's nice to have something to do and catch up on old tasks

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 8 (3,798 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Poorly Working Title - totally lame storyline, just to bring in Poochie who was lame in the series. Don’t want to finish the “recycling dude”.

Pass, *, * - storyline glamorizes drug use and alcohol, mostly drugs. Growing up in a household with both, I do not find it humorous.

Wel-scare - introduces Birch Barlow, a Rush Limbaugh character. I am offended that EA politicized the game with this mission, propagandizing for either side is repugnant. Keep the damn politics out of the game.

Pride and prejudices - same thing, no politics.

Is that specific enough, or do you need more info? And no, I am not going to do them just to clear them, i’d Rather delete the game at that point. 

Message 4 of 8 (3,778 Views)

All of those are event quests.

All of those events are long gone, I dont see why you stilll have them? They should be gone?

@EA_Mai

The TV show have always pushed the limits and buttons, and so have the game.

Not everyone likes everything, and that is perfectly ok, you don't have to play the parts you don't like

You should be able to skip the events you don't like and not have task from it lingering in the book?

Or so I assumed, I was obviously wrong and hope Mai can sort it out Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 8 (3,772 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @schneyer,

The missions remain to give you the chance to finish them. However, if you don't want them, I would recommend contacting one of our advisers through EA Help so they can try to help with this. Standard smile

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 6 of 8 (3,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That was a waste of time. The day you responded to this I posted in the EA help as you suggested. I received the automated “thank you for submitting and we now ignore” email, nothing since. That’s a week ago, right?  If you guys aren’t interested in fixing bugs just say so, don’t insult me with nonsense like this. 

Message 7 of 8 (3,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @schneyer,

Sorry for the confusion, do you remember if you chose 'Report a bug' when selecting the reason for your contact? If so, keep in mind we use the information to fix bugs, but we don't answer bug report messages. From what you are telling us, I guess that's the message you got:

reportbug.png

If it's the case, that would explain why you didn't receive technical support. This is not a bug, as the game is designed to let you finish the missions by not removing them. If you open a new case, this time selecting Technical support >> Game progress issues as the topic of your case, you should get an email from one of our advisers soon. You can just copy/paste what you sent last time Standard smile

technical support.PNG

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 8 of 8 (3,686 Views)