Re: Can't zoom out on Fire HD 8

by Fuzzerelli

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, it’s a major drag. I’m  thinking it might be a problem with Kindles not being able to accommodate the “snapshot“ high-density graphic function that was added with this update. And I don’t think the solution is purchasing a newer model or generation Kindle (e.g. Fire 10), as my understanding is those no longer have EA games in the Amazon App Store? Yes/No? 😿   AnyWho, I’m not sure this is fixable (if the Samsung problem cited above is any example), but I am forever the optimist…fingers crossed! 🤞

Message 31 of 87 (1,752 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. With a Fire 7. Happened once I updated for the Valentine event. Was fine while I was playing just before that. 

Message 32 of 87 (1,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Me too, and it is very hard to play now. Hope they can fix it as our whole family plays on Kindle.
Message 33 of 87 (1,684 Views)

★★★★ Novice
ARRRRRRRRGH! 🙀 It's making me mental! I wouldn't mind if they removed the photo feature for Kindle update if it meant Kindle users can have our playable screens back. We can still do screen shots by holding the power button and volume button down simultaneously. Just not a compressed shot of whole town. That would be too big anyway for my kindle.
Message 34 of 87 (1,681 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yeah, I really don't care about the photo thing anyways. I'd rather just be able to actually play the game.
Message 35 of 87 (1,673 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem. I have a Fire HD. Very difficult to play now.

Message 36 of 87 (1,636 Views)

Cannot zoom out

★★★★★ Newbie

My Tapped Out Springfield will not zoom out after last update. Playing on Amazon Fire HD 8. Fix the game please.

Message 37 of 87 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bad news all. I emailed EA tech support, and the response?

"As of now, there are no plans to resolve this issue"

Message 38 of 87 (1,617 Views)

★★ Novice

What kind of customer service is that?! How are we supposed to play?

Message 39 of 87 (1,546 Views)

★ Apprentice
If this is a choice between zoom functionality and the snapshot feature, I prefer the one that makes the game playable.
Message 40 of 87 (1,516 Views)