Can't sign in to my TSTO game after installing today's update.

by Spaewoman

Original Post

Can't sign in to my TSTO game after installing today's update.

★★★ Newbie
Platform android. Please advise.
Message 1 of 8 (407 Views)

Re: Can't sign in to my TSTO game after installing today's update.

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Spaewoman,

What is happening exactly? Do you receive an error message? Please give us as much details as possible so we can think of a solution. Thanks.

Message 2 of 8 (388 Views)

★★★ Novice

Attatched my original email that lead me here. It's constantly redirecting me to Bart and saying connecting to server and then goes back to the load screen of Homer running then back to Bart after synchronizing with Homer. Been doing this all day long updated this morning.

"" Since this morning when I did the update it won't connect to the server. Everything has worked fine and I've never waited this long to connect and play. I've been seeing other reviews in the app store about the same issue I'm having today. It's been several hours and I am still unable to connect to server and play my game today. I use to have 5 stars cause I was addicted to this game and invested/supported game occasionally by purchasing donuts. Is there something wrong with the update or is this due to a huge amount of work being done by the developers?

EA support page doesn't answer my questions. Too many other people have same issue for hours. Some 5 hours or longer like myself have been waiting to "connect to server" & dropped their ratings aswell.

Can we expect to be able to log back in and reconnect by this evening or tonight?"""

Message 3 of 8 (379 Views)

Hi @SporadicKristal,

There are two possibilities: 

1. It's a tech issue.

You'll find troubleshooting steps in the following help thread: "Cannot connect to server".

2. Your last save is corrupt.

If the above troubleshooting steps don't work you will need to contact support as they may have to restore a previous version of your game.

To do so simply fill out this form and select "Technical support" and "Connectivity" from the drop down menus when asked about the issue you're encountering. Depending on your timezone and location you will see one or more contact options. It is recommended to select "Live chat" or "Call me".

Note: Don't report the issue as a bug or you will be redirected to AHQ. 

You'll find more tips about how to reach support here: HOW TO CONTACT A GAME ADVISOR USING THE NEW EA HELP PAGE.

Message 4 of 8 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have tried uninstalling and re installing which loads for a brief second then shows me Bart again. Is it a matter of corruption? It first happened after the update it worked until I updated it, I was playing it a couple hours before when i came back to the game and did the update and once it finished updating this started. Only reason why I feel like its the update and not hopefully not corrupted from I don't what systems clean too and had worked fine before... I'm also going to try more trouble shooting options too. If it helps I'm on an android RCA Vogayer its an odd tablet and not as popular as an iPad or Galaxy etc. 

Thank you for your time too!

*updated*

** It had worked again for a minute or too then lost connection. It worked when I choose to play game while it downloads updates in background.**

Message 5 of 8 (349 Views)

Could you use a friend's or family member's device to try and connect to your Springfield? That would be the surest way to check if it's a problem with your account or not. If they play TSTO (or if they can create an account) and log in correctly but you can't log into your Springfield when using  their device that would mean that your save is definitely corrupted.

At any rate it's worth trying troubleshooting the issue further. Keep us updated on your progress!

Message 6 of 8 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Basically what happened when my friend logged into my account then her account. Not good.. She got in for a moment and it did the same thing to her.Other odd thing is it shows update like snow being gone. And only works momentarily while updates download in background. Safe to say its corrupted.

Message 7 of 8 (333 Views)

@realjudasquinn wrote:

Other odd thing is it shows update like snow being gone. And only works momentarily while updates download in background. Safe to say its corrupted.

So, the latest update is not installed yet? That may actually be the problem. I would suggest to launch the download and not try to log into the game before it's completely installed. If that still doesn't work after that, it's safe to contact support so they can have a look at the situation. Hopefully simply fully updating the game will work!

Message 8 of 8 (309 Views)