Original Post

Can't play while the game downloading on the background

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Can't play while the game downloading on the background
When i tap i get homer running background and itmjust ke ps downloading
Message 1 of 5 (1,949 Views)

Re: Can't play while the game downloading on the background

I dont know anyone who can run the game while an update is downloading.
My guess is that this is a feature that will work on future devices, which are capable to handle it. So far Im not aware of any that has the process power to do this.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (1,936 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

2019 and the iPad Pro still won't "Play while Downloading", still just shows the download progress.... Why don't they just remove this button? It's never ever worked for me on any of the 10 devices I've played this game on... And it still bugs me every time :-P

Message 3 of 5 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TastyChimera Lol it’s almost 2023 and on an iPhone 13 I still can’t do it. I’ve never been able to on any previous devices either. It frustrates me so much that I had to Google it this time and the results brought me to this haha glad I’m not the only one but they really should remove it
Message 4 of 5 (476 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @skittles23o51ox,

I'm closing this thread to prevent additional necroposting as it's quite old. Please feel free to create a new thread if there's not a current one matching the topic you'd like to discuss.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (466 Views)