Can’t get a code for a old account

by thecheese104

Original Post

Can’t get a code for a old account

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying everything to get my old account back but nothing seems to work. I made sure my login verification was on and i even made a secondary email for it too but nothing seems to work. I can get emails from everybody except EA and tapped out. Its very weird any new ideas is very appreciated 

Message 1 of 7 (627 Views)

Re: Can’t get a code for a old account

@thecheese104 - one option is to head back to your EA account and add a phone number. Check everything is verified while you're there and try changing your password too. Make sure it's only letters and numbers and less then 16 characters.
If the phone option is set up and you still don't get the emails for log-in codes hopefully the option to get them via SMS will now work.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 2 of 7 (600 Views)

Rif.: Can’t get a code for a old account

Hero
Hi @thecheese104 , I have an account with the same problem as you; Suddenly he stopped sending emails and codes to his primary email address.
I can receive security codes on the secondary email and telephone number, but nothing in the primary one.
Luckily the phone number works as a method to access the game, otherwise I would be cut off from that city!
In my case I have tried everything:
- I changed my password
- I changed primary email several times (Gmail, Hotmail etc ..) - P.S .: I only receive the verification code, useful for validating the email, then nothing more!
- I activated the two-factor login method (and luckily I had secondary email and phone number, because the primary email doesn't even receive that code, so I would have stayed out of my profile)
- I've done things you humans can't imagine
..but nothing works!
However, you try the things I wrote, because it is not said that it is the same problem.
Changing passwords often is a good way to keep our accounts secure and to avoid error messages in the login phase ... and maybe it works!
Add a phone number; with that you will be able to access your city again, waiting for a miracle to resolve our "mysterious" situation!
I leave you this useful link:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 3 of 7 (589 Views)

@thecheese104 + @Bafanc - a thought . . .

I remembered when the log-in changed and it all went wrong one thing I noticed was if players couldn't get emails and I tried to find player IDs through the Forum PM system the account wasn't found for the ones I tried.

Perhaps pop over to the forum and try to sign in over there. It might be worth seeing if there's a post you could add a quick reply to but just signing in might be enough to solve it. Sadly all the players I suggested this to at the time didn't say if they tried or if it worked but it's an idea . . .

I checked for thecheese104 and the account was not found :-

forumNotFoundName.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 4 of 7 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]

PS - @Bafanc - the same test on your AHQ ID and that was found . . .

( perhaps try that for your affected account, don't know the ID for that to see )

BafancFound.png

Message 5 of 7 (580 Views)

Hero
@1-Graham-S I don't understand what forum PM messages have to do with it. The account I am talking about works perfectly on AHQ, but it is not registered in the forum ... I don't think these things are connected! I have other accounts, fully functional, but never register on the forum!

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 6 of 7 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bafanc- there used to be different accounts for here, the forum and Origin and to switch from one to the other required you to sign up.

Newer accounts seem to register on all when they're added but even then  something may have glitched. For older accounts there's a chance that things didn't go smoothly when the accounts were all merged and perhaps by triggering the forum account it will correct the problems with the email address not being picked up and codes not being sent. It's worth a try.

It's the same if you try and use the Forum @ tag and find a user, but not so easy to demonstrate. It means that for the Forum at least your account cannot be found and that may be related to it trying to fetch your email address to send the codes.

Message 7 of 7 (552 Views)