Unable to access Simpsons

by amyhanlon16

Original Post

Can't connect to server.

★ Apprentice

Have tried reinstalling game, it starts, checking for updates. Brings up surname, tap to continue, cannot connect to server, try again. Try again, and just keep getting picture of Bart gingering with the wire in his hands. 

Message 3 of 27 (55,307 Views)
Highlighted

Unable to access Simpsons

★★★ Newbie

I cannot access the Simpsons tapped out. It is not. Coming up with any messages/notifications. The donut just keeps spinning suggesting its loading, but nothing happens. Ii have been unable to access for  about 17 hours now and have lost valuable time!

Message 1 of 27 (54,146 Views)

Simpson Tapped Out can not connect to device?

★★★ Newbie

I can log in to EA but tapped out will not let me open the game. Why is this. I would not like to have to restart the game for a third time. Please help. It said that it didn't save and now I can't get in.

Message 2 of 27 (54,140 Views)

Re: Can't connect to server.

Community Manager

Hi adrianmorgan,

Please try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. Make sure that you have a strong internet connection. You should be able to log in with your Origin account after that. It may take a couple tries for your Springfield to appear again. 

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 27 (54,138 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have done all this and still cannot open the game. 

I'm on 100meg wifi, the game starts up, idenifys me and brings up my username (tap to continue) and then say can't connectm try again press retry and then Bart shows up. 

Message 5 of 27 (54,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can play anonymously but whenever I sign in, I get an error message saying I cannot  connect to the server. I have deleted the app and restarted but nothing seems to work. 

Message 6 of 27 (54,100 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having that problem too sucks, my friends can still go on it except me
Message 7 of 27 (54,089 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This has been an ongoing issue with this game. I've been playing since Aug & this happens all the time. Randomly not being able to connect to the game. I've been down since Sept 25th & have had zero response from EA, I even called them & they gave me absolute no help. They told me wait 7-10 business days to see what happens. This is not a problem with us... It's an EA server problem! Everyone has the same problem with this everyday.
Message 8 of 27 (54,070 Views)

Verizon Jetpack / Game Maintenance issue

★★★ Newbie

I'm having issues connecting to the game when on my wifi from my Verizon Jetpack. The game works fine from my home wifi, or the 3G/4G network when I disconnect from wifi...

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there any solutions?

Message 9 of 27 (52,060 Views)

Can't connect

★★★★★ Newbie

Adding to the numerous "can't connect" threads...whats going on EA? I have had this game for months and periodically try to play it but it has never connected. I get the retry screen over and over and over. Will you ever fix it?

Message 10 of 27 (52,050 Views)