Re: Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

by EA_Zoe

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, doesn't register once you find Maggie, kindle fire.

Message 101 of 492 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks to all the players who have provided a screenshot and any additional information about their game!

We have conducted further tests and invite players to try (or try again) the following:

- Tapping the base of the building (instead of the spot where Maggie is sitting). 

- Isolating the buildings associated with the game if they are in a very crowded area (You will find the complete list of buildings here)

- Moving Monorail pieces, decorations or building away from the building you have trouble tapping.

The studio is aware that some of you might still have trouble tapping the building where Maggie is hiding after performing these steps and is hopeful to provide a solution in a future update. 

(Edit Jan.9, 2016 -  Added additional troubleshooting step & Removed invitation to contact Support)

UPDATE Feb. 15, 2016 

Adding below @wadebear's latest response, containing further information and a new video. 

@wadebear wrote:

The following is a quote from a Moderator in another EA forum:

The Simpsons: Tapped Out - Maggie Mini game

For the players who are experiencing an issue when they attempt to tap on Maggie while playing the Where's Maggie Mini game, and your tap is not registering.

There are two ways to correct this issue.
1) Make sure you are tapping on the building and not Maggie.
2) If there are Monorail pieces near the building Maggie is hiding on, the tap will not register. If you remove the Monorail pieces, the tap will register.

EA is working on a fix for this.

Meanwhile...  Here's my latest video offering on the subject made with the nifty AZ Screen Recorder App for Android Lollipop.  As you watch the video you'll see white dots appear on the screen - that's feedback from the app showing where I've tapped.

Please also note that on the tap where I 'Find Maggie' the screen zooms in and centers on the Building, not Maggie.  Maggie is over to the upper left from the center of the screen.

And once again I challenge any person in this thread to post a video of themselves attempting to Find Maggie - tapping in the correct spot - and failing to have it work.  In the hundreds of complaints I've seen posted in this and other forums not one person has done this.

To make a video screen capture without modifying your device you can use AZ Screen Recorder if you have a compatible device running Android Lollipop.

For everyone else: borrow a device that will record video.  If they won't loan it to you the ask them to do it for you and send you the file.

Open a Youtube account - it's free.  Upload the video to your account.  Find the link to the video. Post the link here.

Message 102 of 492 (5,877 Views)

★ Apprentice

@oreologist wrote:
I've spent 16 donuts to speed up the timer twice. 

Just curious....why would you spend 16 donuts for 2/3 of a chance to win, at most, 3 donuts?

Message 103 of 492 (1,999 Views)

★ Novice
The first time I played the mini game without sounds, impossible to find Maggie.
No problem, the next three attempts where fully successful.
The fifth attempt was very frustrating, because I was able to find Maggie within 15 seconds, but was unable to tap her, although I had fully zoomed. I suppose that circulating through the items within reach of the finger is not always working correctly when playing the mini game.
Message 104 of 492 (1,989 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Zoe How about you guys give us donuts for our aggravation and for blaming users for the game not working, instead of apologizing and owning that there are errors on your end. If the game is find Maggie, we should be able to tap Maggie to win, not a building... A lot of us have been playing for quite sometime and are clearly loyal to the brand, so why not show us some respect? 

Message 105 of 492 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is happening on my both devices, I am missing out on winning the game.
suevin26 iPhone
vinsue26 kindle fire
Message 106 of 492 (1,986 Views)

★ Novice

I find Maggie as well and I keep tapping and nothing happens. The clock keeps winding down and I keep tapping on her and nothing happens. I keep losing chances in getting free donuts. What's up with that?

Message 107 of 492 (1,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm also having this problem. Today was only my second time being able to play the mini game. Yesterday I did not find her because I usually play with sound effects and music off. Today I turned the sounds on, and found her. Zoomed all the way in, tapped her for about 20 seconds straight, and the game said I did not find her. Frustrating to have to wait 16 hours to try again, especially if it won't work.
Message 108 of 492 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem. Found her with over 30 seconds to go and was trying everything I could to tap Maggie with no success.
Message 109 of 492 (1,962 Views)

★★★★ Novice
As I usually play Simpsons on Ioad I switched over to Iphone to try my luck as I read from someone that it wirked for him on mobile. And guess what: zoomed in as much as possible and it works!!! But well just on mobile which throws pad users out of option. Would be great to fix the issue for pad users too!!!!
Message 110 of 492 (1,958 Views)