Re: Maggie Mini Game

by sealley123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

★ Guide

I am placing this here as I am seeing a LOT of reports from Players on tstoaddicts, as well as having the issue myself. 

When you finally locate Maggie in the "Where's Maggie" game, she becomes very difficult to get the game to recognize you are actually tapping on her. I am not sure if this has to do with surrounding Buildings, other Decorations, etc... but either way you can be literally placing your finger right on top of her completely zoomed in as far as the game will go on your device tapping like a mad man... and still... it will not recognize you have found her. 

I finally moved the Buildings she hides on to very isolated areas with NOTHING around them. Still had to tap at least 10 to 20 times for the game to realize she was there, but I also had a few more times it still thought I had not found her. 

I want to bring attention to this as it is hard to wait the 16hrs as it is, then will the thought of "Free Donuts" being missed by this "issue"... it is becoming frustrating to many Players. 

If you are having difficulty with the tapping in "Where's Maggie" Game, add your info to this post as well as the device you play on. 

~Bunny

Message 5 of 492 (41,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks to all the players who have provided a screenshot and any additional information about their game!

We have conducted further tests and invite players to try (or try again) the following:

- Tapping the base of the building (instead of the spot where Maggie is sitting). 

- Isolating the buildings associated with the game if they are in a very crowded area (You will find the complete list of buildings here)

- Moving Monorail pieces, decorations or building away from the building you have trouble tapping.

The studio is aware that some of you might still have trouble tapping the building where Maggie is hiding after performing these steps and is hopeful to provide a solution in a future update. 

(Edit Jan.9, 2016 -  Added additional troubleshooting step & Removed invitation to contact Support)

UPDATE Feb. 15, 2016 

Adding below @wadebear's latest response, containing further information and a new video. 

@wadebear wrote:

The following is a quote from a Moderator in another EA forum:

The Simpsons: Tapped Out - Maggie Mini game

For the players who are experiencing an issue when they attempt to tap on Maggie while playing the Where's Maggie Mini game, and your tap is not registering.

There are two ways to correct this issue.
1) Make sure you are tapping on the building and not Maggie.
2) If there are Monorail pieces near the building Maggie is hiding on, the tap will not register. If you remove the Monorail pieces, the tap will register.

EA is working on a fix for this.

Meanwhile...  Here's my latest video offering on the subject made with the nifty AZ Screen Recorder App for Android Lollipop.  As you watch the video you'll see white dots appear on the screen - that's feedback from the app showing where I've tapped.

Please also note that on the tap where I 'Find Maggie' the screen zooms in and centers on the Building, not Maggie.  Maggie is over to the upper left from the center of the screen.

And once again I challenge any person in this thread to post a video of themselves attempting to Find Maggie - tapping in the correct spot - and failing to have it work.  In the hundreds of complaints I've seen posted in this and other forums not one person has done this.

To make a video screen capture without modifying your device you can use AZ Screen Recorder if you have a compatible device running Android Lollipop.

For everyone else: borrow a device that will record video.  If they won't loan it to you the ask them to do it for you and send you the file.

Open a Youtube account - it's free.  Upload the video to your account.  Find the link to the video. Post the link here.

View in thread

Message 102 of 492 (5,867 Views)

All Replies

Maggie Mini Game

★★★ Newbie

Maggie Mini game not working. Nothing happens when you find Maggie and tap on her

Message 1 of 492 (37,481 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jonmike54.

Have you found her the 3 times? You have 16 hours to tap her 3 times in order to complete the mini-game.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Message 2 of 492 (40,547 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nothing happens also to 3 of my friends. Thanks for your attention.

Message 3 of 492 (40,531 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This is affecting many users.  Same scenario as this user.    In my case, I have found her twice but the second time I thought I would run out of time tapping on her since the game did not seem to recognize that.    Now Maggie's suck-suck noise has stopped sounding  so my third try seems to be a never- ending attempt to find her.   If I do find her and go through all that tapping I will not be a happy camper.   Yes my volume is turned up.    Using an iPad aire 2.  

Message 4 of 492 (40,510 Views)

Bunny, will you please tell the readers to reply to this thread, alone. NOT make a new post. 

Cleaning up last time was a nightmare, 400 new posts on the same topic clogging up the board, all moved and merged manually - one by one - by me and Zoe.

See you around, neighbourino!

Em

Another tip for finding Maggie.

there are only 21 buildings connected to this minigame so you dont have to search the entire town.

image.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 492 (40,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here. I tapped like crazy and it failed. Timer ran out. Then the game hanged. Forced reset and luckily it allowed me to play the game again. I tapped like crazy for 30 times and suddenly it work. My Maggie is found on top of roof of my white house farms.
Message 7 of 492 (40,681 Views)

Another tip: Try tapping the Building rather than the Baby. Some says that works.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 492 (40,663 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just reached the Where's Maggie Game and can't tap on Maggie. Now I have to wait another 16 hours for a chance at the donuts. Not impressed EA, please fix. For info, Maggie was on a Blue House amongst a house farm.

Message 9 of 492 (40,648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't matter how many times you find her. It simply doesn't recognize the tapping.

Message 10 of 492 (40,481 Views)