Rif.: Can't Get Past Loading Screen

by wadebear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Get Past Loading Screen

★★ Novice

A couple of days ago my Tapped Out seems to have developed a glitch whereby I can't get past the loading screen (the donut just goes round and round). I've tried everything I can think of such as restarting my phone (Samsung S20) and deleting/reinstalling the game but nothing seems to work. When I reinstalled it there was a brief moment of hope where I saw the 'downloading updates' text but it was flashing rather than permanent and then just disappeared altogether. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 16 (9,418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@benji1983852 Check the date and time of your device. Go to SETTINGS / SYSTEM / DATE AND TIME and set "Automatic date and time - Use network provided time and date" to ON

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (9,395 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@benji1983852 Check the date and time of your device. Go to SETTINGS / SYSTEM / DATE AND TIME and set "Automatic date and time - Use network provided time and date" to ON

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 16 (9,396 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked!! Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 16 (9,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't  work for me it says can't connect to server I do retry and it does the same thing again 

Message 4 of 16 (8,186 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nana_fool_1992 wrote:

It doesn't  work for me it says can't connect to server I do retry and it does the same thing again 

"Can't Connect" and spinning donut are 2 separate issues with different solutions.  Here's what you need:

Pull up your App Manager and swipe the game away. Wait a few seconds. Try opening it again. That usually fixes it for me.

If That Don't Work... Repeat the above but turn off your wireless in Settings before you try to restart the game.

ITDW: Try turning off your router. Try going somewhere else (library, cafe, McDungheaps, etc).

Message 5 of 16 (8,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i'm having trouble getting pass the loading screen

Message 6 of 16 (5,985 Views)

Hero

@gamermik7656 This thread is from March so it is not your issue. You do not need to post on multiple threads.

If you are on Android, have you updated from the app store since they released the game update on December 10th? This is in addition to the Christmas Update that came out the 7th.

Message 7 of 16 (5,974 Views)

Re: Can't Get Past Loading Screen

★★★ Newbie
@benji1983852 I did too
Message 8 of 16 (5,215 Views)

Re: Can't Get Past Loading Screen

Hero

@FLGelato727 Did you try any of the suggestions on this thread at all?

Message 9 of 16 (5,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue 

Message 10 of 16 (5,046 Views)