Re: Can not save porgress

by thedribz

Original Post

Can not save progress

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys have been playing tapped out on my phone without an account. Have just made an E.A account to save my progress. how do I save this to my account. I am at present getting a Warning saying " your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign in to that device before playing".

Message 1 of 5 (544 Views)

When you connected your tow to the account, you got the quetion:

you have a level 00 town on this device, is this your town?

and you said yes, correct?

that town is saved as yours. you can load it to other devices etc

(you can not do that with an Anonymous account)

A new account or switching accounts may bring up the message you saw. Despite you only playing on one device.

First time you get that message – it is scary.
Just hit Play Now and Continue.
Any loss of progress, if any, is just from your last session so you might have to reset tasks and start a build over. Nothing further back and in my experience, this only happens if the game was autoshutdown or if you were Barted.
This happens everytime I switch accounts.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (531 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @bentate_444 

I hope @minicha-em great replay was helpful? Have you been able to save your progress now? Let us know if you still need our help.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 5 (516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. No, I have not been able to get to the bottom of the problem. Which is becoming rather frustrating due to the fact I am wanting to reformat my phone as soon as posable but do not want to lose the progress of my game. 

Message 4 of 5 (470 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@bentate_444, let's try to figure out the exact problem here.  I would like you to force close all of the apps on your phone, restart the phone and then launch the game.  When you do you will see the launch screen...

IMG_0138.PNG

In this screenshot you can see that in the lower left hand corner it has my name, my level, the EA logo and a Logout button.

Do you see this?  If not, please take a screenshot and post it in a reply so that I can see what you are seeing.  Together, we will find out what is going on.

Message 5 of 5 (459 Views)