Can not log into Simpson’s tapped out

by XM8HK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not log into Simpson’s tapped out

★★★★★ Novice

Tried on multiple occasions to reset my password, deleting and reinstalling the game, playing on multiple devices and contacting technical support. None of them helped. I still get an error message whenever I try to log into my Tapped Out account. The message is “An error has occurred. Please try logging in again.” The support rep told me to post in the forums and maybe the developers will see it and help. So please could you help? I have been out of the game for too long. 

Message 1 of 23 (30,734 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not log into Simpson’s tapped out

Hero

The only help most can give here is player to player. I know you reset your password but follow these directions.

Go to origin.com or EA.com
and change your password to have less than 16 characters with only letters and numbers.
Watch out for the app adding a space after entering your password in the game
If that doesn't work
uninstall the app, then reset your password, then reinstall the app do not play while downloading
If that doesn't work you will have to contact EA and insist they help you as when they send people to the forums, they are are usually just getting rid of you. Just be polite and firm that they need to upgrade your problem to the next tier of help.

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (30,715 Views)

All Replies

Hero

The only help most can give here is player to player. I know you reset your password but follow these directions.

Go to origin.com or EA.com
and change your password to have less than 16 characters with only letters and numbers.
Watch out for the app adding a space after entering your password in the game
If that doesn't work
uninstall the app, then reset your password, then reinstall the app do not play while downloading
If that doesn't work you will have to contact EA and insist they help you as when they send people to the forums, they are are usually just getting rid of you. Just be polite and firm that they need to upgrade your problem to the next tier of help.
Message 2 of 23 (30,716 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the help. I’ll try the solution now. 

Message 3 of 23 (30,700 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I took your advice and was finally able to log into the game. Thank you so much for the help!

Message 4 of 23 (30,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@11EEvey Amazing! This really helped me! Thank u so much!
Message 5 of 23 (30,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

If I delete the app and reinstall will I lose everything and have to start from scratch.?

Thanks 

Message 6 of 23 (29,879 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@emotivaguy wrote:

Hi,

If I delete the app and reinstall will I lose everything and have to start from scratch.?

Thanks 

If you have a user name and password to log into the game then it is safely backed up on the game servers.  You can delete the app and reinstall safely.  You can even install the game on a different device and log in on it (it will complain, but don't worry about it).

If you are playing anonymously, yes, you will lose your game if you delete the app.

Message 7 of 23 (29,869 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Rruss11582. I have the same problem
Message 8 of 23 (22,402 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@rruss11582 I don’t want to earn badges. Fix my game.
Message 9 of 23 (22,400 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@rruss11582 I tried all these solutions and I am still gives me an error. And won’t send the verification code.
Message 10 of 23 (22,389 Views)