CHARACTER FINDER, IRS, RAILYARD, HEIGHTS, MINIGAMES etc broken.

by critzhanson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CHARACTER FINDER, IRS, RAILYARD, HEIGHTS, MINIGAMES etc broken.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I’ve been having a lot of problems with my game since yesterday. Like I can’t choose the characters’ jobs and I have to look for them all around my Springfield. Then I have two past events going on at the same time with the new one and i don’t even know why. That thing where you collect your income from buildings and you tap just one to get the others is not working either so again I have to go around all my Springfield collecting my money! So, is it just me???? I probably not explaining myself that well but be patient with me because English is not my language. So anyway, please help!!!!

Message 1 of 10 (1,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need help!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi, this certainly sounds like ‘the glitch’ which happened to several players some time ago. Here is a thread documenting the issue:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219503/character-finder-irs-railyard-hei...
I haven’t read of any cases recently, though from what you have stated it seems like it could be the glitch. Please read the above thread first before contacting EA.  EA could do a rollback on your town. 
@critzhanson I have changed your post title, as it seems like you are not the only one with this bug Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,352 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi, this certainly sounds like ‘the glitch’ which happened to several players some time ago. Here is a thread documenting the issue:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219503/character-finder-irs-railyard-hei...
I haven’t read of any cases recently, though from what you have stated it seems like it could be the glitch. Please read the above thread first before contacting EA.  EA could do a rollback on your town. 
@critzhanson I have changed your post title, as it seems like you are not the only one with this bug Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 2 of 10 (1,353 Views)

★ Novice

That’s exactly what’s happening. Thank you for your help! 

Message 3 of 10 (1,326 Views)

Unable to tap on the faces at the top left hand side of screen to go to characte

★★★ Newbie

My game won't let me use the button at the top left to go to people and clear their jobs. I've tried on other devices and it's the same, any help please?!?

Message 4 of 10 (1,315 Views)

Re: Unable to tap on the faces at the top left hand side of screen to go to char

Hero (Retired)

@lilithmoon97  I have moved your post to this thread as you have the same issue. Please read my reply to the original poster above. The solution is to contact EA for a rollback, but please read the linked thread above before contacting them. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,287 Views)

Re: Unable to tap on the faces at the top left hand side of screen to go to char

★ Novice

Can you please tell me what “in game” means??? How do I do that??? 

Message 6 of 10 (1,152 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@critzhanson I assume they mean by tapping on one of the ‘?’ (for example on the main start screen by your log in bottom left) which should bring up an EA help menu, but it didn’t work in my game when I just tried it. How to contact EA guide:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/

Message 7 of 10 (1,140 Views)

Re: CHARACTER FINDER, IRS, RAILYARD, HEIGHTS, MINIGAMES etc broken.

★ Novice
@critzhanson It happened to me June 24th or 25th, 2020. Same combination of things either not working, or working poorly. Attempting to submit to EA, but Covid not allowing for some reason... or their complaint inboxes are full.
Message 8 of 10 (940 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rhythmslave51Keep trying

Also try EA Help on Twitter and go to the site in a browser not through the game

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out

Chat or phone is best business hours in Central Time US

You are aware the only fix is a rollback to before it happened so they need to be told that you need their help asap

Message 9 of 10 (914 Views)

★ Novice
@11EEvey I submitted to EA and have received verification of the ticket. They say I will hear from someone within 72 hours. Hope I never have to actually remember that chaos number.....
Message 10 of 10 (898 Views)