Re: Bundled Items Not Also Available Separately-THOH 2018 Edition

by daved7637397

Original Post

Hero

Mrs Sinclair is a problem in the BF mystery box. She is bundled with the Ayn Rand School for Tots, but most players have the building.

Message 11 of 23 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I posted a reply in this thread 2 weeks ago: 

@EA_Mai Would it be possible to forward this issue to whichever team deals with adding returning content to the game please? It keeps occurring time and time again, it would be really great if every player was able to buy the items they don’t already have irrespective of previous purchases. Thank you. 

Since then we have new boxes for Thanksgiving. One particular bundle in question: ALL players have the opportunity to get the Ayn Rand school for tots FOR FREE at any time when they do the Maggie quest line (part 6). The only players that would have this offer are ones that have not yet built the Ayn Rand. Mrs Sinclair was originally a limited time character for free during the winter 2015 event.  I agree with the most recent post by @11EEvey - this is a ridiculous bundle to have in a mystery box. I have a screenshot form a town I no longer play.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/The_End_of_the_Beginning

I would be very grateful if this issue could be taken up with the appropriate team. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 12 of 23 (625 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

I will forward your feedback so the team is aware of your thoughs. Thanks for sharing it with everyone, and nice use of the 'Me too' button in there!

Cheers,
-Mai

PS. @3Olet-umanet, please, remember this is the English section of the forums. Please, post in English here so everyone can understand, or open a thread in the Russian section if you prefer.
Message 13 of 23 (602 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not to pile on, but this is exactly my problem. Mrs .Sinclair is one of 8 characters I need for a complete set. I was excited to be getting her, until I realized that she was bundled with the school, which I already have! I even contacted EA help to try to get them to delete the building from my town, but they wouldn't go for it...

Please EA, stop doing this. If nothing more, you're losing money, as I would love to buy her, but simply can't

Message 14 of 23 (590 Views)

Hero

R.O.S.A  is in the women's MB for 60 donuts. Players acquire her for Free when they complete Maggie's questline End of the Beginning.

Message 15 of 23 (574 Views)

Hero

I have seen one comment over on tsto Addicts that stated they contacted EA and the EA rep placed Mrs. Sinclair in their town since they already had the building.

If you contact EA, always be polite and keep trying again if your rep can't or won't help you.

YMMV

Message 16 of 23 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the tip/info Ellie. It's definitely worth a shot. I will let you know how I make out.

Edit: EA customer service replied to my email about 3 hours aftet I sent it, and basicly told me they would love to help me, but it is impossible to add characters to the game because of algorithms, whatever that is supposed to mean. I think they figure if they throw enough big words at some peopke, theyll go away. At least they didnt tell me to post on their official fourms for the "developer"

Spoiler
Teeth bared
Message 17 of 23 (547 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had to go back and forth with EA help 3 or 4 times, but they finally managed to put her in my game! The problem was that I wasn't logged out of my town when they were doing their thing, and they were assuming I was.

A happy ending at last, courtesy of EA help!

The particular agent you get makes all the difference in the world. The first one was as unhelpful as they could be, they just threw a few big words at me to justify why they couldn't do it. (Which I already knew thwy could, thanks Ellie!!)

The second (Nitish) and third (Aman) went above and beyond to help me. They were professional, courteous, and above all, they did not try to talk down to me, or blow smoke at me.

And a very special thanks to @11EEvey who let me know this could be done in the first place!! Thank you so very much!

Message 18 of 23 (518 Views)

Hero

That is great news @daved7637397!!

Message 19 of 23 (506 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@11EEvey @daved7637397 Congrats on getting Mrs. S! I’ll make a new thread about this on the forum, others may like to try too. Thank you both.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 20 of 23 (501 Views)