Svar: Bug Report : Airport will not light up

by cherryking95

Original Post

Bug Report : Airport will not light up

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

my airport is not lighting up like it should. its been doing this for some time. ever since the end of the around the world update actually. after the event was over i moved it across my town and it wont stay light up nor will the red runway lights and the tarmac itself will not stay light up. if someone is on a flight somewhere it is light up. but the second i collect from the flight it turns off again. i contacted EA and they where no help at all. after nearly an hour i was told to submit a report here. ive done all the steps delete data for the game and  reinstall the game , restarted my phone. and all that. nothing. even tired storing all the airport stuff and moving it somewhere different. when i visit friends there airports are light up but mines not. ive even tried logging into my account on another device its still not light up. so any ideas as to why its not lighting up like it should Screenshot_2018-03-08-13-45-39.jpg

Message 1 of 6 (800 Views)

The lights are task based animated. They will only light up when you do a certain task, sending people to fly.

Other ex of task based animations are the rat running on the roof at Moe's when someone has a task there, the sprinkler is activated on Spinster City if Patty or Selma is watching McGyver

What goes on in your neighbours towns is irrelevant.

What you see in your neighbourhood does not reflect the reality of tasks the owner assigned.

Even if your neighbour have sent all characters on inside tasks, you will see them on outside tasks when you visit.

You can turn on/off lights, tap the tank and destroy a KEM or Brown house in your neighbourhood but the owner will not see what you have done.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 6 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The airport should light up without having to send players on tasks. and yes it does fully light up on the regular , my mother also plays the game and her airport is light up 24/7 and she hasnt sent anyone on a flight in months. my airport used to be fully light up too until i moved it across the town. and i my mom also moved hers across her town hers didnt stay light at first either until she played with it and moved it around quiet alot. and ive moved mine around countlessly and im not getting it to go. 

{EA_Lanna: Removed rude remarks.}

Message 3 of 6 (704 Views)

It was my understanding that at it was a task animation

I was obviously mistaken. I apologise.

If I come across as rude, I again apologise.

Tagging @EA_Mai for further assistance.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 6 (683 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello, I will try and add to this thread with my experience. As a general rule, buildings in tapped out are not animated unless you send a character on a task there. That is why I write a thread for the EA forum entitled ‘list of tasks for animating buildings’. 

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/88574/list-of-tasks-for-animating-buildi...

I found that Springfield Airport is only animated when someone is tasked on a flight: it stops as soon as I have collected the task. ( 3 red lights blink on and off at the top of the tower). I checked another players game on their device and it is the same for them too. All the red runway lights are animated all the time by blinking on and off, regardless of tasks or no tasks at Springfield airport. There is an animation of some of the yellow lights (on the ground where his plane would normally be) when Norbert is sent on his 4H task in his plane. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Like i said . The airport should light up without having to send players on tasks. my mother also plays the game and her airport is light up 24/7 runway lights and yellow lights on the track. and she has not sent anyone on a flight in months. on since the event ended actually.  my airport used to be fully light up too until i moved it across the town. and i know my mom also moved hers across her town too. hers didnt stay light at first either until she played with it and moved it around quiet alot. and then one day she said it just light up again. after moving a few pieces. and ive moved mine around countlessly and moved things endlessly and im not getting it to go. or light up.  and what i was saying about visting other friends and seeing it light up too is there plane is docked at there airport not on a flight either and its light up.
Message 6 of 6 (634 Views)