Re: [Bug] FlyTicket-Generator-Countdown freezes on 0sec.

by wadebear

Original Post

[Bug] FlyTicket-Generator-Countdown freezes on 0sec.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Since a few hours I have the problem, that the Countdown, which is needed for generating FlyTickets on "Destination Springfield" is counting down and then freezing on 0sec.

I won't get immediately a new Flyticket on this state. And I also cannot see what's happened in the background. After observing this now for a few hours, I only got 1 new Flyticket, but I don't know how this was generated. The Counter is still on 0sec. and nothing that I tried could change this state until now.

Normally I must have again at least 3 new generated tickets, but nothing happend.  It seems that the server, which is counting down the time for the FlyTicket-Generator, has a bug.

This would be the first time I cannot solve the daily event tasks, if there is no solution for my problem.

I just phoned with the EA Support on this problem. They told me to post it here again.

Hope you can help me.

P.M.: I'm on Android Jelly Bean

Message 1 of 10 (1,096 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It has been a week since EA issued a patch that was supposed to 'fix' this problem.

As for support sending you here, I honestly do not know why they would do that as there isn't anything that we can do.

For general troubleshooting you can do the following:

• Re-Sync your progress by visiting Krustyland or Other Springfield
  • Force close all of the apps on your device
  • Uninstall and Reinstall the game (ONLY IF YOU HAVE YOUR GAME LINKED TO AN EA ACCOUNT)

If none of the above works, you will need to contact EA:

• Click on this link
  • Select your platform (Andriod) and click next.
  • For the topic, you need to select "Technical Support".
  • Select an issue from the drop down (Avoid anything to do with bug or glitch as that will send you back here where as I mentioned earlier, we cannot help).
  • Provide as much information as possible to explain the situation and what you have done to try to rectify the problem yourself.
  • Be sure to mention that you also came here as per their instructions and that all we can do is provide general troubleshooting advice and then refer you to contact EA directly.
  • Provide screenshots showing the problem as evidence that there is actually a problem that they need to fix.

Hopefully this is helpful, and that EA stops sending people here when they know we are only players and cannot actually fix the problems with the actual code in the game.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 10 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@thedribz  Thanks for your answer, but I tried your troubleshooting tips, before I phoned with the EA Support. I also tried using BlueStacks, but the problem persists.

The EA Phone Support told me, that it's only responsible for technical issues, not for ingame bugs. Ingame bugs should be solved by answers.ea.com.

So they told me to post my problem here again and then closed my ticket.

As on your advice, I tried to reopen my ticket. But I haven't any answer yet.

Meanwhile the FlyTicket-Sign and its summary disappeared from my main screen, too.

Message 3 of 10 (1,060 Views)

@JollaTester

What you have is not a bug. It is a Technical Issue, so support should help you out.

Or to be utterly correct: it is a Technical bug probably caused by faulty programming.

Other players can not go in and fix it, support can.

What support think we as other players can do about bugs or glitches is beyond me...

If you want help from support, do not ever call what you have a bug or glitch.

Sorry Im being snippy, but this irritates me, that support wont do their job and tried to push it on us, other player - who cant do a thing about it as it is rooted in programming and the technical parts.

Good Luck.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 10 (1,043 Views)

@JollaTester

What you have is not a bug. It is a Technical Issue, so support should help you out.

Or to be utterly correct: it is a Technical bug probably caused by faulty programming.

Other players can not go in and fix it, support can.

What support think we as other players can do about bugs or glitches is beyond me...

If you want help from support, do not ever call what you have a bug or glitch.

Sorry Im being snippy, but this irritates me, that support wont do their job and tried to push it on us, other player - who cant do a thing about it as it is rooted in programming and the technical parts.

Good Luck.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 10 (1,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@minicha-em  Thanks for your answer. Maybe it's easier for the EA Phone Support to send customers to you, then to call their own programmers.

It seems that they aren't really interested in customers contact and in interacting with them.

Anyway I tried to reopen my ticket. I hope that I'll get an useful answer by them now.

I mentioned in reopening the case, that this forum cannot help on code errors, as @thedribz has told.

Message 6 of 10 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@minicha-em @thedribz I got a response from the EA Mail Support. They denied the re-opening of my ticket, cause my issue is a programming bug and should be solved by this forum. So they closed my case again.

EA Support is not fussed about the fact that the users of this forum cannot enter the source code of the game and not willing to give it to their programmers, cause they want that this forum should solve it.  It's ridiculous how the EA Support act with programming issues.

Message 7 of 10 (982 Views)

@JollaTester

I am so sorry.

I agree this is ridiculous. 

AngrySickTeeth bared

Sometimes it feels like Support (EA) just dont care.

@EA_Archi, youre the last CM taking an interest in our little board (btw we need a CM on this board since our little Eevee left), I know you are not part of support, I see CMs here as super moderators Standard smile

but

can you please try to communicate to support that we at AHQ can not solve programming bugs and glitches and that they should stop sending customers in need of help for those issues to us?

all we can legally do is send them back to support, there is no way we can go in and look at theses things, to see what needs fixing.

This is so frustrating!

D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 10 (973 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @JollaTester 

I am sorry for any troubles with EA Advisors you might be having. I will forward your post to the developers for investigation. And thank you @minicha-em for bringing my attention to this matter.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 9 of 10 (949 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ok, so I've now had this happen to me.  I think what happened was that I tried to send a character on a flight just as the timer ticked over.  I was able to resolve it by closing the game, pulling up the app manager and swiping the game away, then shutting down my device.  When I started back up and opened the game the ticket had appeared and the timer was counting down to the next ticket.

Message 10 of 10 (936 Views)