Re: Bonus multiplier

by nissa762

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bonus multiplier

★ Apprentice

I just updated to the tree house of horrors 2016. And my bonus multiplier drop by over 100% was over 350% now 250%.

Message 2 of 94 (3,669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi folks, 

I just want to chime in to let you know that the change was not intended and will be reverted. Please keep an eye for updates.

Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 93 of 94 (1,774 Views)

All Replies

Lost Multiplier

★★ Apprentice

After updating to the Halloween Event, my bonus xp multiplier dropped by 100 points. What happened? Spent a lot of donuts to get that multiplier where it was...

Message 1 of 94 (3,636 Views)

All items that has the multiplier was adjusted

meaning your total % is lower.

this effects everyone.

it is not a glitch or a bug

this was done on purpouse

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 94 (3,619 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Huh. So I paid donuts for a specific thing I was told I would get, a multiplier, and then that thing is removed. On purpose. So the issue isn't if it was a glitch or a bug, or if it affects anyone else, the issue is that I was sold something that was then taken away from me. I would say that that particular issue is not resolved, no.

Message 4 of 94 (3,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
*** This has now been patched. Good job everyone! ***

Not acceptable. The Beach Hideaway provided 20% bonus fully upgraded. You think people would have bought 5 of them for 200 donuts at 5% bonus?! Could easily have been patched but EA waits hoping to exploit the situation and push up sales at THOH. Not cool. And I wouldn't like to be working for EA over the next week or two... I'd be settling in for a *-storm of abuse on this issue!
Message 5 of 94 (3,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Agreed this shouldn't be treated as a glitch. I wouldn't have purchased 5 beach houses if they hadn't come with a 20% multiplier. This may have been a mistake on their part, but it's too late to fix it. Had it not come with 20% each, I wouldn't have purchased the other 4. 

Kinda like buying a long sleeve shirt from a store but it was supposed to be sleeveless. They show up a few days later and cut off the sleeves to correct the mistake. Now I'm left with something I wouldn't have bought.

lots of unhappy tappers on the forum too 

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/82009/petition-ea-refund-our-donuts-spen...

Message 6 of 94 (3,578 Views)

★★ Apprentice

We call that Bait and Switch and we have laws against it actually, EA...... You need to provide the item as it was presented to us when purchased

With that - I will be making a BBB complaint on this - as I did with the Island Fiasco- Stealing is Not appreciated

Message 7 of 94 (3,548 Views)

★★ Apprentice

PURPOSE.

Message 8 of 94 (3,545 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Truly the tipping point for me. This is beyond insulting.

Message 9 of 94 (3,533 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

May fall under false advertising laws in Canada as well. They have certainly altered the product from what I purchased, and to my detriment. I paid for a feature and they removed it. 

Message 10 of 94 (3,532 Views)