Re: Around the world act 3 - pins on home buildings no longer?

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Around the world act 3 - pins on home buildings no longer?

★★ Apprentice

In the around the world theme I was previously able to collect Brazilian pins from my buildings when friends visited and tapped them - not anymore for some reason. Why? 

I know that when I visit friends there is always a limit on that end, but when friends visited me there wasn't a limit until now it seems.

Has EA gotten rid of the ability to collect pins from our own buildings completely? It seems like that.

EA seems to be making it impossible to get the final prize with pins without forcing people to spend donuts. I refuse to spend my donuts. The end of this event is near. 

Message 1 of 3 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@hb_chic,

At no point in this entire event have you been able to get pins from friend actions in your own town.  Performing friend actions in your friends towns, yes, but not friend actions in your own town.  Proof?

If you click on this link it will take you to a blog post outlining Act 1 for this event.  Read through it if you want to, but pay particular attention to the section towards the bottom called "Neighbor Actions".  It states quite clearly that the only time you get pins is from performing actions in your friends towns.  Clearing actions in your own town only earns Sky Credits.

As for your comments regarding EA forcing you to do something.  This is just not true.  EA cannot force you to do anything, they can merely provide you with a game that you can choose to play.

As for the last prize, if you are currently working towards it (i.e. you have already claimed the second round of Sky Credits), then you are already ahead of where you need to be to get the final prize.  Click here to see the event calendar to check your progress towards the final prize.

As for how you can get pins, well you can get pins from the following places:

• Flights at the Airport
  • Norbert’s Around the World Tasks
  • Daily Challenges
  • Chateau and/or Himeji Castle , if Purchased
  • Tapping Tourists in Springfield
  • Tapping Buildings in Neighbors Towns
  • Tapping tourists with the Osaka Flu

Since I am such a fan of providing links to my sources:

On top of that, EA feel bad about the connectivity problems we experienced a couple of days ago, so they have decided to give all players a bit of a bonus.

I hope that this has cleared things up for you.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (364 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@hb_chic,

At no point in this entire event have you been able to get pins from friend actions in your own town.  Performing friend actions in your friends towns, yes, but not friend actions in your own town.  Proof?

If you click on this link it will take you to a blog post outlining Act 1 for this event.  Read through it if you want to, but pay particular attention to the section towards the bottom called "Neighbor Actions".  It states quite clearly that the only time you get pins is from performing actions in your friends towns.  Clearing actions in your own town only earns Sky Credits.

As for your comments regarding EA forcing you to do something.  This is just not true.  EA cannot force you to do anything, they can merely provide you with a game that you can choose to play.

As for the last prize, if you are currently working towards it (i.e. you have already claimed the second round of Sky Credits), then you are already ahead of where you need to be to get the final prize.  Click here to see the event calendar to check your progress towards the final prize.

As for how you can get pins, well you can get pins from the following places:

• Flights at the Airport
  • Norbert’s Around the World Tasks
  • Daily Challenges
  • Chateau and/or Himeji Castle , if Purchased
  • Tapping Tourists in Springfield
  • Tapping Buildings in Neighbors Towns
  • Tapping tourists with the Osaka Flu

Since I am such a fan of providing links to my sources:

On top of that, EA feel bad about the connectivity problems we experienced a couple of days ago, so they have decided to give all players a bit of a bonus.

I hope that this has cleared things up for you.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @thedribz for this great input on this theme! I thing a lot of players will find this information useful.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 3 (296 Views)