Re: Android user - Game reset back to Level 1? Well, I have found the answer to fix this! \o/

by TheyCallMePro

Original Post

Android user - Game reset back to Level 1? Well, I have found the answer to fix this! \o/

★★★★ Novice

Hey all,

For the past few weeks, I have been seeing a lot of posts here, saying that the game froze/phone crashed and upon launching the Android version of Tapped Out, you will find that you're back to Level 1 and you have lost everything. No matter how many times you rebooted the phone, the issue is still the same. Some people can't even get the game to load up - you would see that it had lost connection/could not reconnect to the server.

And that happened to me yesterday. Very annoyed because I got up to Level 17. I spent a lot of time building my "perfect" town. All gone. I have seen many other people here trying to get in touch with EA support, who basically tells you to reinstall it or reboot the phone - all without any success. Some of you had to ask for your money back!

I was very determined not to let it beat me. I did not bother going to EA support. Instead I looked at the issue myself. You know when you launch the game, you wil see "Synchronizing" message coming up. That made me think - it's sharing some data between your phone and EA server. Since the Android version does not have any Origin support, it's saving the data on the local handset and shares the details to EA server to ensure it matches up - all based on the device hardware ID.

Before you start, make sure the game is closed...

I used an app called ES File Explorer (available via Google Play) and went into /sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.game.simpsons4_row/files/save/

Inside this, there are two files. What I did was to make a backup copy of them and saved them elsewhere. Then I deleted both of them. I launched the game, it did the Synchronizing message. And then...

I got everything back. The town I built. The monies, the XPs, etc. It's all there.

What I suspect what has happened was that these files must have got corrupted. By deleting them, it re-downloaded a "clean" savefiles from the EA server to your handset which allows you to pick up from the last time you played it.

Yay!

Of course, here comes the disclaimer...

* This may or may not work on your handset. My handset is a Samsung Galaxy S2

* The path to the save file may be different on your handset but you should be able to find it by doing a search of com.ea.game.simpsons4_row

* Messing about with files is dangerous. Do this at your own risk.

* Some devices may lock down the /sdcard/Android/data area and you may have to root your phone to see it. (NO discussion about it here, please!)

* I take NO responsibility AT ALL if you lose your save game. You do this at YOUR OWN RISK!

I would like to hear to see if this has worked for you. :D

Message 1 of 14 (15,471 Views)

Re: Android user - Game reset back to Level 1? Well, I have found the answer to fix this! \o/

★★★ Novice

I'm on a Nexus 7 and don't have that directory, though I do have a "com.ea.game..." for a Mass Effect game that's installed.  It seems odd to have a directory for one game but not another.  I've done various searches but can't find anything related to Simpsons.

Message 2 of 14 (15,360 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have a Xoom and I do not have that directory either. I have tried searching and can not find anything ea and Simpsons.
Message 3 of 14 (15,338 Views)

★ Novice

I also have a Galaxy S II with Sprint.  I did not find the files you said either but what I did do was say screw it.  I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled totally thinking Id have to start over.  Everything was there!  All of it!  Not saying this will work for everyone but I guess it does save on the servers and there is something wrong with communcating with ther server to get the saved file. 

Message 4 of 14 (15,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What are the titles of the save files?
I found a couple of different versions of the "com.ea.game.simpsons4_row" directories, but the "save" folders were empty. Although it's possible in my attempt to get the game to load last week, the files were lost.
Message 5 of 14 (15,275 Views)

★ Novice
Tony Sutton you legend.

so I was playing last night, when my phone shut down without me closing the game. When I restarted the phone and then the game it loaded me from level one. I quit the game and tried to restart it, i then couldn't connect to servers. After trying for a while I jumped online and checked what was happening with the severs. turned out nothing was wrong? After reading multiple threads I was directed here ... Spent 5 minutes following your instructions. straight away I could connect to the severs and was able to download my saved game .. thank god, level 27 with over $100 spent .... Thanks heaps mate.

ps ... Ea support should recommend the above solution or at least add an option to the game to resync saved files?

Posted from my htc one xl
Message 6 of 14 (14,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This solution works, sticky, or ea needs to run a patch recognizes the corrupt save and generates a new one, or they can fire there next ceo for having to refund people money for a fix this easy

Message 7 of 14 (14,787 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Fixed mine by un-installing then re-installing the game. Couldn't find the game folder like you suggested. But still sound advice as far as reseting your save game on the server.

Message 8 of 14 (14,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Galaxy s2x. Ive been tinkering with trying to re isntall and hoping for an update from ea to fix this, i lost my level 19 city and it would freeze right after the beginning cut scene. I erased the 3 files from that folder and BOOM. Its back to normal. Thanks dude!!!!!! Been waiting for a repsonse from EA for days.

Message 9 of 14 (14,575 Views)

★★ Novice

It happened to me too, What I did after trying everything else and fail was restore an old backup with data+apk with mybackup pro, I restored and opened the game, it tooked some time but it did the sync and got the data at the point when I updated, so I'm back ni the game but afraid of upgrading again, I'll try it later today after taking a recent bakup.

Message 10 of 14 (14,059 Views)