Re: An error occurred processing the login. Please retry.

by wadebear

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I also had the same problem, what happening EA ?? how could you abandon us

Message 11 of 33 (1,529 Views)

Hero

@kharismaby 

There are multiple posts about this topic, if you had bothered to look around. Change your password to be less than 16 characters with only letters and number in it. That works for most people.

Message 12 of 33 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Having to reset your password each and every time is -not- a solution. It's a band aid fix to an underlying problem. Personally, I don't get locked out because of special characters in my password. My account gets a password reset because it will flag false security issues once in a while when the game has to update. (Each time I have had to reset my password, it has been after Tapped Out updates.)

DA:I users had a similar issue where being connected to the online server for DA:I would cause people to get similar forced password resets. The most common solution to that was, again, "reset password, add a dozen security questions and that'll stop it cold." (And it did.) That is not a solution either. (To force people to add layers to "work around" a bug that causes false positives.)

Each of my resets happened when an update hit midnight around in the American West Coast time zone.

[edit: Clarified last statement that the updates hit around midnight. I also seem unable to spell "coast".]

Message 13 of 33 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve never had a password that had special characters or was more than 16 characters long. Changing the password does not solve the problem 

Message 14 of 33 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@cistrus@Demintia@Troi2336@kharismaby  Try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Worked for me.

Message 15 of 33 (1,427 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@1H3J0KER wrote:

@cistrus@Demintia@Troi2336@kharismaby  Try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Worked for me.

Yup, I've had to do that, too.

Message 16 of 33 (1,404 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks.  I had to do couple other steps after uninstalling and reinstalling. So how couple settings were changed without my knowledge for an update.

Message 17 of 33 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@cistrus what extra steps did you have to do after? 

Message 18 of 33 (1,336 Views)

★ Novice

mine does not work and i changed it and if i cant login i might lose 50$ please any other solution besides uninstalling and change password please get rid of error

Message 19 of 33 (1,125 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nskretkowicz wrote:

mine does not work and i changed it and if i cant login i might lose 50$ please any other solution besides uninstalling and change password please get rid of error

This is not customer support.  We're just other players here who give advice.

Did you turn your device OFF?  I don't mean blank the screen, I mean hold the power button until it says "slide to turn off" (or whatever by brand).  Turning your device OFF will clear errors that nothing else can clear.

Check your device settings to make sure the game is allowed to access local storage and pictures.

Make sure you have enough space left over AFTER you install to run the game.  You MUST have several megabytes of storage space for the game to run in.

Message 20 of 33 (1,120 Views)