After Christmas update game crashes on startup

by JMPpierwszy

Original Post

Re: After Christmas update game crashes on startup

★★★★★ Newbie

My Galaxy S20 FEG5 works fine but my older 12 inch tablet crashes right at the end of the startup. Its not a memory issue because I deleted and reinstalled the game to a fresh formatted 128GB SD card and it still crashes. Its a Samsumg SP900 also known as Galaxy note 12 running Android 5.0.2

Message 81 of 225 (573 Views)

App crashes after login samsung Galaxy j7

★★★ Newbie

App crashes after login samsung Galaxy j7 

Message 82 of 225 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same experiences as other posters in the thread.   Issue persists after deleting and reinstalling the app on my Kindle Fire 10.

Device model: Kindle 10

Android/IOS version: Fire OS 5.6.9.0

Amount of free space on the device: 15.6 GB Free

Where you are running into the crash: Loading screen. 

I also play this on an Android OS Emulator on my PC.     I avoided updating because i ran into this issue on my Kindle. Now the app is requiring I update on my emulator but i'm afraid to continue....  I typically would not care but just recently dropped real Money on the Black Friday deal and this is pretty disappointing...

Thanks in advance for your efforts to resolve.

UPDATE: 12/9/21 06:51PM - I updated on my emulator and so far the game opens.  I'll close and reopen a few times to see and will Update here if anything changes.

Message 83 of 225 (543 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem on my Kindle 10 since the game updated last night.  It crashes on the loading screen after I log in.  Have almost 13GB memory available, so that's not the problem.  None of EA's troubleshooting worked.  Based on so many people with the same problem on different devices, it's obviously a problem with the game.  Needs to be fixed asap.

Message 84 of 225 (785 Views)

Rif.: il gioco simpson si arresta

★★ Novice

Having the same problem with my Kindle Fire 7

Message 85 of 225 (731 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My husband is also having this problem on his game. Galaxy Tab A, Android 6.0.1

Message 86 of 225 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Received the following email from EA Help:

"Thank you for contacting EA help.

I would like to inform you that lately, we have been receiving multiple reports from our players stating that the game has been crashing after the new update. In order to avoid any further inconvenience, we have now escalated this case to our relevant team. This is a known issue and our team is already working on a fix in order to get it sorted for our players and once the issue is resolved, you will be able to access the game without any problem at all! We appreciate your patience while we get this sorted for you.

If you have any other questions in the future, let us know. You can also get help by reading our articles on help.ea.com, browsing our forums at answers.ea.com, and following us on Twitter. Have a great day! Thanks for contacting EA help!"

I think we all need just give EA what ever time they need to fix the problem.

Message 87 of 225 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here game will not load up just crashes. I have a Samsung s2 tablet. Free space 32 gb. Android 7 

Message 88 of 225 (676 Views)

Re: Simpsons Christmas update

★★★ Newbie
@jenamsler7410 I still can't get past the load screen. App keeps crashing
Message 89 of 225 (427 Views)

Crashes @ load screen

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't make sense. If the issue were space related the game would prompt you to free up space in order to download the update. So, what is really happening?? We are missing out on the new content!!

Message 90 of 225 (580 Views)