Re: Advice on spending donuts?

by Indys2nd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Advice on spending donuts?

★ Apprentice

I have 181 (hard-earned) donuts! I've been saving for a premium character, I never spend donuts on speeding up tasks or decorations etc. If possible I favour spending the donuts during a promotion of sorts because the donuts usually take so long to earn (although improved somewhat recently). I don't have enough to buy Barney (at 250 donuts) and wish EA would just price reduce as opposed to offering 130 back as they currently are as that doesn't help me! So, my question is, should I keep saving and in time buy a character or would anyone suggest/recommend spending 75 donuts now on the Springfield Observatory as has been suggested by the game? I don't know if the Springfield Observatory is worth the spend?

Message 1 of 4 (923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

For opinions on Springfield Observatory see this thread.  I don't think much of it myself.

There are many useful and fun Premium characters in the game.  I'd suggest going through the list in the store and noting them down, then researching them - what can they do, what do other people think of them, etc.  Then prioritize.  Which one do you want most?  Only you can decide that.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (921 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

If you're going to spend your donuts, the best thing to do imo is to get something that comes with a character. Premium buildings and premium characters earn more money from jobs and such than the regular ones earn. 

Message 2 of 4 (910 Views)

Your donuts so you should spend them on what you want, not what anyone, incl the game, tells you.

things you might want to consider

Do you want money, xp, jobs, % bonus or just fun useless stuff?

can the character do jobs in Krustyland or Heights?

do you have locked skins for the character in the inventory?

do you want to complete a charcter set?

can the character be won in the Mysterybox? SqueakyVoice, Kearney, BlueHairedLawyer

are you looking for fun, animated jobs?

premium buildings usually have a higher and more frequent payout, shorter regenerating cycles.

does the building come with a character?

does the building provide new jobs?

what rating is it? Consumorism, Vanity, Righteousness etc. Do you need to up that rating?

can you fit it in to your town?

decos usually comes with a % to add to your bonus. ie your jobs pays more xp and cash.

some decos can provide jobs too, like the icecream truck.

if you choose between a timelimited item and a permanent one, limit goes first.

check your neighbourhood and tap on things that you are interested in, to see if it has an animation. Look for characters, look at the buildings.

there are blogs and wiki sites that will give you the specific payouts, tasks, what bonus, what rating each item has (though these might change over time)

do a search on what interests you.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 4 (905 Views)

Hero (Retired)

For opinions on Springfield Observatory see this thread.  I don't think much of it myself.

There are many useful and fun Premium characters in the game.  I'd suggest going through the list in the store and noting them down, then researching them - what can they do, what do other people think of them, etc.  Then prioritize.  Which one do you want most?  Only you can decide that.

Message 4 of 4 (922 Views)