Accidental use of donuts

by procrastin905

Original Post

Accidentally spending doughnuts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Hello... I Accidentally spent 70 doughnuts on a pink funzo 2 days ago and was wondering if there's any way I can get my 70 doughnuts back.. I've purchased about $80 worth since this game launched and would like a little costomer service. Possibly adding an ok button after tapping on things in the store instead of automatically adding them to your Springfield would solve this problem.. Same with the itchy and scratchy lotto ticket. I accidentally spent 3 doughnuts while collecting from my quicky Mart. Please add an option to cancel accidental doughnut spending.. And refund my 73 doughnuts. Thank you

Sincerely BossBudrich
Message 10 of 60 (8,646 Views)

DONUTS complaint/recommendation?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So this isint a question for the general public but more for a GM or one of the designers. First of all, Gj on Tapped out. its super addicting. The constant patches also make the game fresh and interesting. My ONLY problem so far about this whole game is concerning the donuts. More precisely about how they are spent. i have bought so far the 20$ worth of donuts twice within a month, and i would again if not for how freakin easy it is to lose them... accidentally....  

First of all and just recently, i accidentally bought characters just while scrolling through them!! there needs to be some kind of confirmation system! there is when u sell an item why not have one when purchasing stuff with real money! its much more important and thats what a confirmation is for. so far i bought bumblebee man and sqeaky voice teen without wanting to! Can i trade them back for my donuts????????????? that would be nice... Another thing is rushing the timer for a house or character quest. So far i accidentally rushed only  3 things by mistake but two of them were like freakin 10 donuts and the other was just a 2 donut brown house. I log on to this game all the time and i probably try to collect everything way too fast, but still... it just sucks accidentally wasting real cash.

Anyways other then that, stupid fkin iphone has also decided to go ahead and pocket purchase stuff from time to time. nothign we can do there...

So thats like 150 to 250 donuts and least ive spent without wanting too. Is there anything u guys can do like maybe refund the characters? Maybe compensation? Anyways just please think about possibly making a confirmation system when buying people.

my email is (edit: email removed for security reasons)

Message 11 of 60 (8,623 Views)

Accidental Donut Use

★★★ Newbie

Accidental donut use: Please update your game to add confirmation before use.

Annoying wasting donuts on useless items like a Mystery Box.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 60 (8,034 Views)

Re: Accidental Donut Use

★ Apprentice

In the month I have been playing, I have found mystery boxes to be extremely useful. 3 Gazeebo's, Lemon Tree, Tire Fire, Squeaky Voice Teen, extra donuts. Best 42+ donuts I have spent, compared to the 100+ I WOULD have spent. Of course you don't always get lucky, but meh. Also, buying a Mystery Box doesn't count as "accidental use" of donuts.

Message 13 of 60 (8,032 Views)

I pressed the button for donut purchases that I did not intend to purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I would love for you guys to makes changes to the program of the Simpsons tapped out !!! You should be asked if you make a purchase for donuts ?? you should be asked twice if you want to make this purchase like all other purchases !!! I have pushed the finish button several times and lost several donuts I would like to have replaced !!! I want someone to contact me or call me to replace these purchases !!! Thank you [Removed - Admin. To protect your account security please do not post your email address on any public forum]

Message 14 of 60 (8,026 Views)

Re: I pressed the button for donut purchases that I did not intend to purchase

★★★ Newbie

I've really enjoyed playing the game - being a 20+ year fan of The Simpsons - and I happily spent a good amount of money in the game $50+.

Btw I'm glad Apple always asks for you to input your Apple ID Password - before finally processing any purchases. 

I was browsing thru the donut purchase store in Tapped Out and accidentally clicked 50,000 In-Game$ for 300 Donuts ($19.99). I panicked when I realized there was no "Confirm Purchase" button. Almost every other action/decision you make in the game requires you to click a "Confirm" button (it's true choosing player quests doesn't). I couldn't undo that accidental purchase. It's upsetting because my town will generate 50,000 In-Game$ in 2-3 days so there's no need for me to make that Donut to $ trade. EA needs to do something about these sorts of accidental purchases - as a video gamer of 25+ this is really upsetting to be accidentally spending $19.99 in such a manner. Most people are playing this game on a 4" touch screen - the game should be designed so that these accidents are easily avoided. Can someone at EA help?

Message 15 of 60 (8,015 Views)

Re: I pressed the button for donut purchases that I did not intend to purchase

★★★★ Guide

So EA should refund you for your own mistake?  Lol  Right.  Take it as a lesson learned and move on.  EA will not refund you for something like this.  In fact, they don't refund anyone.

Message 16 of 60 (8,011 Views)

Re: Accidentally spent donuts!! Help!

★ Guide
Not going to happen. There is no protection from accidental purchases in the game by way of a confirmation pop-up (frustrating, but EA is not motivated to fix that as it would take $ out of their pockets). Often time people waste donuts on accelerating taxes while in the process tapping frantically to collect them. EA doesn't refund for accidental purchases. The old too bad, so sad, be more careful next time, philosophy.Funzo is there to stay so either learn to "Looove" his creepy voice, or abandon ship and start a new account.
Message 18 of 60 (8,079 Views)
Highlighted

Accidental use of donuts

★★★★★ Newbie
I accidentally used 2 donuts to speed up a brown house 2 different times. I want my donuts back.. I would never use donuts to speed up a 5 minute cheap house.. how do i get my donuts refunded? Who do i contact ? Where & how? My account name is "procrastin905" please help!!!
Message 19 of 60 (8,038 Views)

Re: Accidental use of donuts

★★ Apprentice

You will never get a refund for being stupid, that's your mistake.

Message 20 of 60 (8,034 Views)