Miami, yes or no?

by Cpayne32

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Miami, yes or no?

★★★★★ Pro

Who is excited for the new Miami track? Personally I’m not but I’m heard some drivers have said it’s going to be a very exciting race based on sim data

Message 1 of 16 (4,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Miami, yes or no?

★ Pro
@Cpayne32 Not really excited but i am curious to see how the Race will be. If it offers an exciting race then it will be a plus for F1. It looks ok at first sight compared to Las Vegas which is almost only straight line Standard smile Tho i would like to see some other old and historical tracks in F1 calendar and is a must to keep others like Monaco despite seeing new tracks .I hope teams will bring enough updates to have more equal cars on the grid so we can have some nice race (or races in the future).

View in thread

Message 9 of 16 (4,032 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro
@Cpayne32 Okay now we have some footage https://youtu.be/kBArlifCKgo
Message 2 of 16 (4,157 Views)

Champion

Yes I'm looking forward to the race. On paper I can't say the track grabs me but I'm trying to keep an open mind, and the first time at a new track is always interesting anyway. It's encouraging if some of the drivers think it will be good based on their sim work actually Standard smile.

Hopefully we'll have some real on-board lap footage very soon but it's hard to judge the track from the latest game trailer, so for now we're left with the like of the AC version to go by:

https://youtu.be/viabxj1EpGw

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 16 (4,101 Views)

Champion

I do think the fake marina is dumb though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5JBWIQCXqA

Message 4 of 16 (4,095 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 It is but they didn’t get the planning permission in time to make the real thing
Message 5 of 16 (4,067 Views)

Champion

@Cpayne32 wrote:
@Ultrasonic_77It is but they didn’t get the planning permission in time to make the real thing

Interesting. Was the planning permission to just create a lake, or a real marina with a connected waterway such that people could actually travel by boat to the venue?

Message 6 of 16 (4,064 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 It was for a waterfront venue with a circuit in the downtown area and over a bridge to the Port of Miami,
Message 7 of 16 (4,055 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Well as we know its easier to follow and as the track has incredibly long straights and 3 potent DRS zones overtaking is possible.

However i dont like that slow, twisty section between the 2nd and 3rd straight.. Its pure cancer IMO and i doubt the drivers will like it especially if the kerbs in the chicane are as high as in the previews..

Also depending on the upgrades from Ferrari, Red Bull could have a significant edge, bigger than in Imola (although i think Ferrari didnt get the setup right there) so if they are first in qualifying they will likely just be storming off.. no fight in front.. But as quite a few teams will likely bring upgrades (as they didnt want to do so in Imola) the pack could be different and give an interesting race.. Just that twisty bit is disgusting haha

Message 8 of 16 (4,039 Views)

★ Pro
@Cpayne32 Not really excited but i am curious to see how the Race will be. If it offers an exciting race then it will be a plus for F1. It looks ok at first sight compared to Las Vegas which is almost only straight line Standard smile Tho i would like to see some other old and historical tracks in F1 calendar and is a must to keep others like Monaco despite seeing new tracks .I hope teams will bring enough updates to have more equal cars on the grid so we can have some nice race (or races in the future).
Message 9 of 16 (4,033 Views)

Champion

Anything goes as long as the race is interesting. I don't know if I can survive another Emilia-Romagna GP 😅

The first time in a while I felt bored during the race. F1 didn't offer me too much excitement that day, compared to Super Formula, which had a battle for the lead on the final laps and wet weather driving without crashes

Also an overtake that is quite similar to one we saw in F1 ages ago 😉

https://youtu.be/YxitUnx5_Ks?t=230

Codemasters Volunteer Moderator / EA Champion

Does not represent the opinions of EA.

EA Answers Community League - Season 8

Fridays @ 5PM UTC/GMT - More information

Message 10 of 16 (4,005 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help