Re: F1 2022 Suggestions

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

F1 2022 Suggestions

★★★★ Novice

Dear developers ,

Since there is no suggestion tab just like it was on the Codemasters forum I decided to post this in the Drivers Lounge on the EA Forums .

Please , when you have time reread some ideas I posted on the Codemasters forums in the suggestion tab . I made a couple of posts on the 12 Suggestions topic ( around 20 ) on this link and I think they should not be forgotten , it would be really cool if they could be implemented in future F1 2022 patches , or future F1 games :

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/90312-12-suggestions/

Thank you very much !

Best Regards

Message 1 of 12 (2,511 Views)

★★ Guide

Good idea!

i would like to add some improvements to be implemented:

• Implement an analog clutch with bite point for realistic starts. There are lots of steering wheels outside with an analog clutch and even add-ons you can buy separately.
  • Implement a training section for starts, pit stops (for the racer and also for the pit crew), driving track sections to improve a sector (like in GT Sport you can train parts of the Race tracks) etc.
  • Get rid of the annoying „communicating to servers“ screen. That could be done in the background and info is only necessary if there is a problem, not when it’s communicating or contacting.
Message 2 of 12 (2,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have a few ideas:

* engineer should help with car setup during practice sessions (camber/toe setup, tyre pressure, ride height/wing setup, etc.)

* practice pit stops for immersive pit stop option

* choosable race engineer with skill sets, like 2nd driver in MT (similar to F1 Manager)

* slider for randomizing weather for Grand Prix

* tyre selection for GP, or at least multiple options

* option to view (and perhaps control) 2nd driver's car components/setup in MT (you're the team boss after all; with option for 2nd to agree or disagree)

* view/share car setup with 2nd driver in DC (driver would have option to agree/disagree)

* engineer predictions, e.g. "with current pace, you'll catch up the car ahead in x laps"

Message 3 of 12 (1,790 Views)

★★ Guide
@P4st3l1ak I dont think the first point makes a lot of sense as setups vary from driver to driver. Yes, most people use exactly or close to the exact same, but nevertheless setups can change. Also just in case this would be implented, the engineer would give you a * setup. Just look at the pre sets. they are so bad and literally make 0 sense. Those would be the suggestions you receive by the engineer.
Message 4 of 12 (1,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@WollcottI was suggesting something a little more sophisticated, based on telemetry collected. Game could have some analytical engine build in, to improve your lap time.
We could give "feedback" to engineer about how car feels and it could suggest change of setup. And tyre or brake setup could be suggested from telemetry which is available (and could be sent to external tools). It would be beneficial especially to console gamers who may not have a PC for running telemetry tools.

Message 5 of 12 (1,703 Views)

★★ Guide
@P4st3l1ak Ah okay I get what you are suggesting. Yes, that would be great indeed. Even for console you can still use telemetry apps or Racenet ofc but that's purely TT.
What you are suggesting is obviously more in a sim direction which am 100% in favour but I really doubt Codemasters will do anything. I mean start of by bringing sector splits back lol. You don't even see your relative time to the PB anymore.
Message 6 of 12 (1,689 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Wollcott    I know it's an uphill battle but we still should tell them what we would like to have in the game. They try to sell it to us a kind of realistic game and these little things could give us more real-racing experience. I guess none of us will ever be able to drive a real F1 Wink So why not to have it "almost" like a real one? Wink

Message 7 of 12 (1,682 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Wollcott   I would also like to know what is the base for those 5 default setups. Do they have  an internal Machine Learning tool which plays the game and finds some setup based on set requirements? Or are they David Greco's pre-defined configs? Wink

But I guess that's something I'll never know Wink

Message 8 of 12 (1,676 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@P4st3l1ak I keep banging on about it. F1 championship edition which was released just after PS3 had a great race engineer that assisted setting up your car during free practice. Plus a decent explanation off what kind off setup you wanted for each track not to mention wet weather setups.

I think Dave Greco did the default setups. But all off them are biased towards stability over pace. I stumbled across a YouTube video which he did a F1 22 tutorial for thrustmaster. First thing he said to do was to adjust front wing up 5 clicks rear wing Down 5 clicks.

Didn’t watch it all. But if your interested Obviously Search David Greco and thrustmaster on yt.

Message 9 of 12 (1,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an idea for the "My Team" mode. It would be nice if you could modify the chassis of the car, for example that your car can put the Red Bull nose, the Alpine rear wing, the Mercedes sidepods and everything else. It would not only improve the appearance of the car but also most of the designs that the game gives you would look better Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (1,031 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help