Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Come chat with the AHQ staff!

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Come chat with the AHQ staff!

Community Manager

Hello all,

For some time now we’ve been using Slack as a tool to chat directly with our Heroes.

It’s proven to be an effective tool for communicating and we often use it to share information as well as just generally chatting about everyday things and getting to know everyone.

We would now like to extend this invite into our Slack channel, Barracks, for our Champions so we can get to know you better as well! This will provide an easy way to chat with us about an issue you’re seeing on the forums, the latest game you’re playing, or anything else in general.

There’s a web, mobile, and desktop version of the app and you’ll get your invite later today to the email address registered on your EA account.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We’re looking forward to chatting with everyone!

- AHQ Team-

Message 1 of 17 (3,607 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

I have received a personal invitation from @EA_Nils and I want to say I appreciate being included.  It's not a good time computerwise.  It's never been my habit to have a game-play computer exposed on a regular basis to the Internet.  I don't play multiplayer modes in two- way games, and no Multi-only games.  Once I've registered, a newest purchase, I typically disconnect that machine from the 'net as soon as possible. 

My game PC died, and I'm rebuilding it, slowly.  Suddenly, recently, the PC I usually use with my Internet activity started acting, running slow, the OS crashing, the browser crashing, etc.  So instead, I have a newer model, one of the SFF mini desktops, I have it on hand to loan out when friends or family need to keep going at home while I've carried off their "broken" PC to repair it.  That one wasn't running correct when I had this difficulty! 

Yesterday and Tuesday, I used a laptop that stays in my bedroom to use for troubleshooting my Internet connections (the modem and router are in there). My "regular" old PC started up much more nicely this morning, but it's slower-running that it ought to be, so I've started on building a replacement with some leftover parts.  I'm also slow at the PC rebuilding process because I have neck problems that only appear when I lean in over a PC chassis for awhile. 

Whether it's obvious or not, my participation on the forums has been on a somewhat less frequent basis.  I'll see about testing the waters of "Slack's" oceans some time later on, if the invite remains open long enough for me to catch up on PC hardware matters (never did like storebought PCs much -- began building my own about 1986 or so). 

Thanks, everyone,

Gorath (who is also known many places as The-Kiiwi) 

Message 2 of 17 (3,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone here. I'm honored that you promoted me to Champion. Thank you! 

Message 3 of 17 (2,308 Views)

@EA_Eric

the only issue I have concerning Slack ist that you can only take part in one channel (if you´re not working for EA).

So unfortunately I have to use Discord now to chat with the community.

Frown

Best Community in the World Heart

I am a volunteer, I do not work for EA.

Message 4 of 17 (2,276 Views)

Is there a Discord community for this? I got the Slack invitation but I've never used Slack before.

@GladOS-013

there´s the official EA Gaming Discord and the unofficial Battlefield one.

The Slack Champions channel is a little more "private" with less people than in Discord servers.

Message 6 of 17 (2,197 Views)

See you in Slack guys!

Message 7 of 17 (2,149 Views)

@MrHarryFHead wrote:

See you in Slack guys!

Unfortunately I can´t be there ATM Devil

But I hope you´ll enjoy it, you´ll meet great people there Thumbs up

Message 8 of 17 (2,145 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have met many great people in AHQ too!

df078-383dc474.png

The Best Community in the World!

Message 9 of 17 (2,117 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi all!

How Russian Champions and Heroes can communicate with AHQ staff via Slack? Sometimes we need to get in touch with AHQ staff from English board but we have only Russian channel in Slack. 

What do you think?

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.
Message 10 of 17 (1,998 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help