Re: Cannot connect to EA servers. Try seeking assistance at Origins

by DaniloLuis

Original Post

Cannot connect to EA servers. Try again Later.

★★ Novice

So I've been seen a lot of people having this issue in the past, but not a lot nowadays, so I guess maybe they were all able to solve it? Well, I don't! I tried every possible fix I found, so far, and none seen capable of fix my problem.

So here is the deal: I have Mass Effect 3 and all the DLCs in my origin account, which is syncronized wit my N7 HQ. I've been able to play for the last year with no real problems, except for a few disconnects in multiplayer from time to time. I'm from Brazil, if that matter.

Yesterday I tried to play the game again, but was unable to connect to EA servers, which said I should try again later. And  I tried, thousands of time for the entire day. I tried every possible solution I could find in the foruns, except for some that I found too technical for a final user like me. One important note about the whole issue: I'm sending this question from my work computer, because in my house I'm also unable to connect to answers.ea.com AND help.ea.com, it always say the page is unavaiable.

I also have two other games from EA: Fifa 2013 and Star Wars: Old Republic (with a 2 month subscribe ongoing right now). FIFA logged just fine, haven't tried SW yet.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Or, at least, how can I play the SP campaign without the need to connect to EA servers and use all the DLCs I paid for?

Another important note: I asked a friend to log in my account so I could know if the problem was with my computer, and he was able to do it, so it is probably something wrong with my computer.

I apreciate anyone who is willing to help me!

Since I am at work I would love if anyone with a possible solution could send it to my e-mail since I won't be bale to take  a look at this once I get home:

daniloluis.dt@gmail.com
danilo.faria@inhotim.org.br

Message 1 of 7 (531 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to EA servers. Try again Later.

★★ Novice

I'm (not) playing the PC version.

Message 2 of 7 (525 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Server problems aren't what I personally consider to be "Game Problems" as such.  Since Origins is the gateway to the Server Farm, it is my opinion that you should be posting in that forum, not this one. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/bd-p/O-2

Incidentally, this is a public forum, and including eMail data in such places is ALWAYS inadvisable.  No one among the ethically normal types will send you any replies (that's not how forums work), but SpamBots can and do collect such addresses anywhere and everywhere that is a public area. 

Message 3 of 7 (517 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think it's a server problem, since it actually worked in other computers. Also, Origin is working just fine with other games, as noted, such as Fifa2013.

And, then, we have the issue concern the EA help page itself, since I can't acces it from my own PC (or any other computer in my house). Why can't I do it? It dosen't make sense!

Message 4 of 7 (511 Views)

★★ Novice

I know it's not wise to put my email in forums, but this is how desperate I am.

Message 5 of 7 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There are a variety of redirects for EA's Help Center, including the links at the tops of the pages in here.  The one mentioned in the Sidebar announcement was screwed up last Friday: 

"Announcements
The Login issues at the EA Help Center http://help.ea.com have been resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

You will note that one and this one differ:

You should also be aware that trying to be unusual in selecting passwords is counterproductive.  If you have included any character that isn't from the srtandard alphanumeric set, that will create all manner of abnormal behaviors.

Message 6 of 7 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried to log yesterday at night. no go.

also, my password is pretty simple.

I had to instal a "fix" from gamecopyworld in order to be able to at least play the single player campaign with all dlcs. and I have it all, they are all registred in my origin account, which I can't acces because of this issue. Can't play multiplayer. I was planning to buy the next dlc. How am I suppose to do that? If I can't even play the game with all it's features from my own computer? I spent a lot of money with EA producs! I might be in the wrong place for awnsers, but can I at least be pointed the right place? Can you give an e-mail I can use to communicate with technical support?

I still can't log in EA servers (at least not for mass effect - it's working fine for fifa 2013), and still can't enter help.ea.com from my home PC.

Don't you have a single clue what can possible be happening?

EDIT: (anyway, moved this topic to Origin - answer HQ, since no one here seens capable of solve it)

Message 7 of 7 (476 Views)