xbox one: apex crashes and disconnects me from my network

by lexxohhh

Original Post

xbox one: apex crashes and disconnects me from my network

★★★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to open Apex on xbox one it will crash, similar to what many other people have been noticing. It gives me the "lost connection to xbox live/EA servers", but It will also disconnect me from my network completely until I "forget network" and reconnect (which only sometimes seems to fix the problem). If I try to test the connection before going through the steps of reconnecting it says that it can't find my IP address. This just started yesterday and has now started to happen to a friend of mine as well. Is this something different that could be fixed on my part or is this just related to the crashes other people have been experiencing? I haven't seen anyone say anything about the network connectivity problem. 

Message 1 of 5 (5,674 Views)

Re: xbox one: apex crashes and disconnects me from my network

Community Manager

Sorry to hear it's crashing on you, @lexxohhh. Let me know if these steps below help out at all.

Power Cycle

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

*Make sure you do not have anything plugged into your USB slot that isn't normally designed for there like a hard drive or controller*

If those steps above do not fix it, I recommend reinstalling the game. The game files may have been corrupted from the installation or during an update.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (5,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s March 17th of 2020 and I have not been able to play apex for 5 days. Every time I load into a game I either won’t be able to land or as soon as I land it will disconnect me from the EA servers. I have tried every possible troubleshooting fix and nothing works. It’s a free to play game but I’ve spent money and it’s frustrating not being able to play

Message 3 of 5 (3,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TrumpDabs5656 Not related to this threads issue and you should have created a new thread.

But please give me the following info:
1: Verify MS/Ping to the server in game or here: https://gameserverping.com/apex
2: Internet speed
3: What OS / Build do you run?
4: All drivers updated?
5: Any 3rd party software running like Anti-virus, discord etc?
6: do you or any other member in the household watch youtube, streams or downloading while playing?
7: Have you tried to repair the game or clear game cache, Read this to know how: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
8: Have you tried using a public DNS to see if this resolve the issue?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (3,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue, I’ll try to play a rank game and then half way through the match I get disconnected from my internet completely. I’ve been hit with several penalties because of it.

Message 5 of 5 (1,909 Views)